Chapter 30: Just An Injury

"Oh I forgot to fill you in, but, Julia and Jonathan fought again

"Oh I forgot to fill you in, but, Julia and Jonathan fought again. I don't really care about the details," Chloe changed into her robes.

Emily brushed her hair throughly, "Oh, did they? When?"

"When you got detention. Julia told me not to tell you because you might be worried."

"Right..." she paused and glanced at the wounded area on her stomach. It had been a week and when Emily thought she was alright, she sometimes felt a searing pain there, right where the creature had poked its claw in.

"Come on, we're late again," Chloe laughed and ran out of the dormitory, leaving her hair up into a bun.

"Of course. When are we not late?" Emily forced a grin, despite the pain in her stomach.

*******
Emily waved her wand and the little drawf rabbit nibbling onto a piece of  fresh carrot turned into a glass bottle.

Dumbledore smiled proudly at her. "Then I guess it's ten points to hufflepuff," and he strolled away to Rebecca's table.

Emily waited for the others to finish transfigauring the rabbits when she touched the wounded part of her stomach. It suddenly hurt a lot and Emily rubbed it, hoping that the pain would ease.

Dumbledore started explaining about animagi after everyone had done getting a glass bottle on their tables.

"Yes, correct, Mr Riddle.. An animagi allows you to change into a form of an animal -"

Emily didn't paid attention to the rest of his words. The pain in her stomach was starting to increase badly. What is going on? It hadn't hurt that bad since last week.. She had assumed that it was recovered by some herbs.

"Professor! Do you mind if I use the bathroom?" Emily asked weakly.

"Of course, go ahead," he looked at her with concern. She had started to sweat a bit at her forehead and knees.
Walking clumsily, she rushed to the nearby girls toilet.

Emily walked quickly to the mirrors that had been polished so often that it shone brightly and pulled her shirt up.

She had almost screamed in shock, but her voice was stuck at the middle of her throat. The wound was gashed open, and she could see a bit of her bone. It looked misplaced and her fingers trembled with fear. Why does it hurt so badly? Her fingernails was already stained with her own blood and she quickly turned on the tap to wash it.

Emily looked at the mirror. The moment she saw a figure behind her, she pulled her shirt down so roughly that she thought it might ripped at the corner.

Emily spunned around,"Tom! What are you doing here? It's a Girl's bathroom!"

"What happened to you? You don't look too well.." he moved closer.

"What do you mean? I'm fine," Emily said firmly even if she herself is very afraid. Tom mustn't know.. If he did, he'll probably report it to the headmaster and get Ignatius Prewett expelled. Even if he was his roommate.