Chapter 60: Happy Ending

(play 'leaving hogwarts' by John Williams, Harry potter deathly hallows part 2)

The four of them reached King Cross Station. Tom make sure that no one was watching and helped his son pushed the trunk into the brick wall.

They appeared on another side, where witches and wizards swarmed around the crimson train. Owls hooted and cats purred in their cages.

"Garett Riddle, I guess it's your time now," Emily smiled down at the boy. He had his father's good looks and her sparkling blue eyes.

She crouched down and pulled him into a hug. The little girl in Tom's arms squealed and reached for her brother.

Garett kissed his sister's hands and pushed his trunk.

"Dad, can we speak?" he looked up at Tom. He nodded and handed the girl towards her mother, then pushed his son to a space where they could talked privately.

"I'm so jealous of you and mom.. How did you find a girl like her? She's a Saint and you're more like a... Bad guy," he narrowed his icy blue eyes.

Tom laughed. "Your mom's mine, back off," he shoved his arm playfully.

"But you didn't answer my question!" he exclaimed, patting his pet snake on the head.

"How to find a girl like her.." Tom tapped his wand on his chin, "When you find someone that loves you, no matter what you do, then I guess.. She's the one," he shrugged.

"Really? Someone that'll fight for me?Even for the bad reasons?"

"Yes -"

"Nice to see you, Snivellus!" someone screamed at a greasy haired boy with a hooked nose.

Tom ignored them and looked back at his child. He took his hands and spoke in a kind tone, "Because if we couldn't fight for the good, then we must definently fight for the ones we loved and cared about, Garett. No matter the cost."

The boy looked up at his father and smiled proudly. "I understand, dad."

He ruffled his hair, "That's my little snake," he pulled his son into a hug and squeezed him tight. Emily came to them with her daughter, Violette.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Tom cast a loving glance at her, "Privacy, darling."

"Garette please, if you want to get a girl, don't be like your dad. He lurks out from corridors and shadows like he's a ghost -"

Tom chuckled. "Your mother loved me for that."

"I did not!" she grumbled, then proceeded to kiss her son goodbye.

"Bye!" Garette waved through the window, then packed his trunk up his compartment. The three of them watched their son shook hands with a shy girl.

"Hey... That looked like us.. When we first met," Emily nudged Tom's arm. He took her by the waist and kissed her cheek.

"I know."

"Papah, Where's Gary going?" their seven year old daughter looked at her brother through the compartment window.

"Hogwarts, Violette," he caressed her smooth brown hair.

"H-hog wats?"

"Yes. Hogwarts," Emily patted her back and grinned. The train started pouring steam out and chugged along the tracks. Garette waved to his parents one last time before continuing to talk with the girl he just met.

"I want to eat, mamah."

"Yes yes, ice cream and chocolate frogs," Emily smiled. Tom took his wife's hand and with a swirl of dark wind, they apparated away from platform three and a half quarters.

And this - was Tom's and Emily's happy ending. It's always a matter of choosing what you desired and what you actually needed, after all.