Chapter 52: I'm Sorry

"You're ready to go?" Connor gripped her hand tightly, looking excited

Emily nodded her head. "Yeah, let's go see your parents."

In a second, they had been sucked up by the wind and was transported to an empty land of space in London. In front of them stood a huge mansion with white washed walls and chandeliers hanging on the ceiling. There was a magnificent balcony with rocking chairs to read your books.

"It's so... Big," Emily said through breaths of air.

"Yeah.. Its a good place for high and seek," Connor smiled and took her inside. A few maids came and bowed to him, opening the large doors to the living room.

The floors were covered with blood red carpets and comfortable armchairs. The furnitures moved around again, rearranging themselves to another design.

Elves hopped around, serving them little slices of cheesecake. Emily thanked them and stuffed the treats into her mouth.

They went upstairs, and Connor turned on the lights with a flick of his wand. "My parents are out... In the meanwhile, you can rest in the guestroom."

She walked through the narrow corridors and eventually found the room. Inside had beautiful golden rod pocket curtains and a queen size bed.

There was a stylish bathroom at the side with everything furnished nicely. The dressing table was also provided with a sliver, oval mirror for her to do make up and tie her hair.

Emily sighed and there was a knock at the door. Connor poked his head in and handed her a couple of dresses.

"These are so... Expensive," she gasped at all the silk and fabric lying on the bed.

"Choose one and we'll see," he nudged her arm and she inspect the gowns.

Her eyes caught a rose pink dress with an illusion neckline with it. There was little details of flowers on the lower part of the dress. It was really pretty.

"This one," she took it and smiled.

Connor's face brightened up,"I can't wait. People will start coming at seven. Be ready. I'll go around and fix my outfit," he took her face and kissed her.

As soon as he went out, Emily locked the door. She took off her robes and stepped into the cold shower, allowing the cold water to hit onto her fair skin. She washed her hair throughly, and it took quite a long time since she had thick, long locks.

Emily wrapped a towel around her torso and started drying her hair, wiping it. She slipped into the rose pink gown when there was a quiet knock on the door.

"Yes, I'm coming!" she hurried to it and when she saw the person, Emily had almost screamed for security.

"How did you get here?" she whispered loudly, annoyed.

"I have my own ways. Allow me in," Tom pushed the door open and Emily sighed in defeat.

"Sit down," he pulled her to the chair.

"What?"

"Sit down," he repeated, leaving her no room to argue again. He took the comb and helped her brushed her hair. Emily looked into the mirror and watched him do it.

He was surprisingly gentle when it comes to doing such stuff. There was the same old feeling. The good times where she hadn't need to worry about him a lot. The first Christmas was amazing, and - the night where there were beautiful stars..

Emily instinctively reached for the ruby red necklace that he gave last year. He helped her braid her hair into a looped braid bun and pinned some pearls to it.

She stood up as his long fingers traced her waist, tying the lace belt to the dress.

"Tom, what are you going to do?"

"Me?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, you, Tom. You're going to be alright... Right?"

"How many times had you asked that? I'm going to be fine," he smiled gently at her. It's a suprise that she wasn't mad at him anymore. The feeling of love surged inside her veins and her eyes were filled with tears.

"You're lying."

"I am fine," he glared at her, "That's enough questions."

"You can't hide from me," she protested, "It's a dangerous task, isn't it?"

Tom looked into her icy blue eyes. "And you can't hide from me either. You know that I'll be alright, but you're just asking because your foolish self is over-worried."

She sniffled, "No. If anything happens to you, I -"

"If I'm attacked?" he scoffed, "I am the heir of slytherin. Capable of doing extreme things, the most powerful wizard that shall be known."

"Of course.." her voice faltered.

His expression softened at the sight of her. He reached a hand out and touched her face, "And you'll be happy. We're just in each other's way, isn't it?"

The way he looked at her... When was the last time he had did the same thing? She couldn't recall it.

Emily rushed forward and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry. I really am," she pressed her face into his neck and he reluctantly hugged her back.

"Goodbye. Have fun partying," he kissed her forehead and slipped out of the room, vanishing in a few seconds. Emily suddenly missed him a lot.

The clock struck seven. She quickly put on her blush pink kitten heels and walked out, the cool air inviting her.

Emily made her way down the polished grand staircase, but she was utterly confuse. There was no one there, not a single soul.

"Connor?" she called out, but her own echoes answered her.

"Connor?" she tried again, but with no valid. She made her way to the kitchens and nothing was prepared. Emily was suddenly afraid. She went up again and knocked onto his room, but no one answered.

She pushed it open and was even more shocked to see that no one is there. Where is everyone? What's going on?

Emily hastily walked back down and checked the gardens. All she saw was beds of white, anemone flowers and a few pots filled with red roses.

She waited inside when the front door opened. Dozens of aurors came in, all led by his uncle, Frederick Marshall.

"Hey, are you the visitors? Where's Connor?"

He bored his black eyes into hers. He signaled his lieutenant forward and he cast a binding spell onto her body. She was forced to kneeled onto the marble floor.

"We've caught you. Now, cooperate with us or we shall have to take actions against you."

"What do you mean?" she screamed loudly, "I'm not involved in the crimes!"

"I see," his uncle paced around her, "I'm sure you know who the leader of death eaters is. Answer us or we'll have to.... Kill you."