Chapter Two (has been rewritten)

This chapter has slight mention of eating disorders, not sure if that's a trigger or not, but I wanted to be safe, the only mention of it is during the all italics near the end of the chapter.

All the countries were starting to wake,  though there were some who would have preferred to sleep in due to the incredibly comfortable beds (cough Alfred cough).  Anyway, let's peak into a few of the rooms (the main eight's).

With Arthur and Francis:

"Oh, right, I'm sharing this room with you, you bloody frog. I had thought that was just a bad dream." Arthur said as he sat up in his bed.

"Mon chéri, you hurt me so." Francis pouted. He had already gotten dressed in what looked to be some  rather comfortable shirt and pants. Arthur had to admit that even when Francis was in more comfort clothes, he still had that charm which drove him so mad. Arthur wanted to punch Francis in his perfect face.

Arthur then realized that if he wanted to get home, he would have to go read that stupid book with everyone else. That only made him want to punch Francis more so he could touch him. Wait what?

Arthur quickly got dressed into some comfortable clothes much like his new roommate, and the two talked for awhile before deciding that they should go eat.

With Alfred and Kiku:

"Alfred you need to get up." Kiku said for what seemed like the fiftieth time. He had been dressed for nearly half an hour, and Alfred was already going to be late. Kiku had also already gone to eat, and was about to just straight up pull the blanket off of Alfred, or say fuck it and let him stay there.

"Just, like, five more minutes." Alfred groaned as he rolled over.

And that was Kiku's breaking point, he went to the bathroom and filled up a cup of cold water. He went over to Alfred and nudged him a bit only to receive a snore. He turned the cup over and Alfred sat straight up in bed and just looked at Kiku with a look of utmost betrayal.

"I said you needed to get up, you didn't listen. Now hurry up and get dressed or we'll be late."

With Ivan and Yao:

They were already up and dressed without arguing, so it really wasn't that interesting.

With Ludwig and Feliciano:

"Feli you need to get up." Ludwig said, not even getting a reaction out of the sleeping Italian. The German was already dressed and annoyed with the admittedly adorable sleeping brunette in the bed. "I once killed a man with his own mustache and a grape."

That woke the Italian up, seeing as he sat straight up in bed, shortly before sprinting around the room getting dressed (while giving Ludwig a heart attack with the mess).  The blond sighed and followed the brunette as he walked out the room.

-_-_-_-

After everyone had (finally) gotten into the living room, they could get started reading the book.

"So who is gonna read first? Like I don't mind reading, but if anyone wants to then I'll let you read." Alfred said. He looked around the room seeing no one raised their hands. He sighed and opened the book. He quickly skimmed over the passage and cursed under his breath. This wasn't gonna be easy.

America, along with the highest rate of obesity, has the highest rate of eating disorders. Nobody knows that after Alfred eats all those cheeseburgers, he forces himself to vomit them up.

No one knew what to say, there were several who just stared at him, others just opened their mouths, though no sound came out. Alfred knew that this would come up, but he never thought that it would be the first entry.

There was no noise, you could have heard a pen drop. The only sound that could be heard was breathing. Alfred was looking down, he put the book down, a few tears staining the page.

"Why." That was the first word spoken for at least three minutes, spoken by none other than Arthur. There were a few who actually jumped at the noise. Alfred just looked up to the elder nation. Everyone looked in his eyes, and only saw emptiness. He had a dead look in his eyes.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to be called fat everyday, especially by the few people who you call friends? Hell, by the person who raised you, the one who you called big brother for so many years?" He was sobbing by the end. No one new how to react to that mini-speech.

Finally someone came over and put their hand on Alfred's shoulder. It was Kiku, the man who so hated physical contact. Alfred looked up to him and ran out of the room. Kiku went after him. Everyone just looked after the two.

-_-_-_-

Kiku kept running, just hoping to catch up to Alfred. Finally, Alfred went into his and Kiku's room, Kiku soon followed after him. Kiku saw the blond huddled under the blankets, sobbing. Kiku went over to the younger one, and held him close. This only made Alfred cry harder, he was clutching at Kiku's shirt, just sobbing into the shorter man.

They sat like that until lunch, just Alfred crying to Kiku. Alfred wasn't sure he was going to go to lunch, he was fine just skipping, just as he had done many times before. Kiku wasn't having that.

to be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading the second chapter of A World of Secrets. And I've decided on a schedule, I'll try to update every Tuesday and Thursday. Also sorry if this isn't the best chapter, I don't write it all at the same time and when I wrote part of it I just had dental work done so I was kinda loopy.