Chapter 16: "Savanna" || Finale

"Here come our stars, Addie Driftwood and Tony Larkin," Cheska reported.

I smiled at Tony whole heartedly as we strutted down the aisle arm in arm, both of us in exclusive GS designs. We walked down the red carpet and waved to the crowd before we went in.

Yes, five years ago, I never would have thought I'd be standing side by side with Tony for  a movie premiere. I gave myself a satisfied I looked up at the movie poster. It was my first movie where I got the chance for the lead, "The Life of a Teenage Super-Villain."

"Ed!" I called out to him at the lobby.

He turned from the counter and looked at me. He stood seemingly speechless, as he began to turn red.

"Ed, are you okay?" I said as I moved towards him.

"I... I... You... You look absolutely stunning.

"Thank you," I wryly replied trying not to let too much blood flow through my cheeks, "You look wonderful."

He took my arm and led me into the theater. I looked back at Gen who was having a fun lips to lips routine with Tony. They've been going out for quite some time now, longest I've seen with Tony. I was quite surprised much chemistry they had. It weirded me out when Tony turned out to be a total gentleman when Gen was around; but I never mentioned it to Gen.

The theater was packed, but we were given V.I.P. seats up-front. Gigi, Terence, Steven and Abby all waved at us as we went down. I saw mom and dad just right behind where we were to sit but Ed's was nowhere to be found. I tried to ask Ed, trying to make myself audible amongst the screams. Tony and Genevieve were now on our tails. "Hates Cinemas," Ed shouted back.

We all took our respective seats. As the movie was about to start, one last person came inside. He passed my seat, leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "I just couldn't miss it."

He wryly stood up and headed to the empty seat between Trina and Bea. I couldn't concentrate on the movie at all. Tears suddenly flooded my eyes.

My heart was beating loudly. Ed, who sensed that I was tensed, gripped my hand and gave me a peck on the cheek.

I was able to keep my composure until the end of the movie. Ed readily gave me permission to talk to Ralph saying, “You’ve been waiting for this for almost a decade, I can’t see why not.

At that, I went out of the theatre and scanned the lobby, searching for a sign that he was around.

"Excuse me," I said all too formally as I spotted him.

He turned and smiled, "Yes? Oh, Addie! It's you! I've missed you. Great movie, by the way."

I smiled back at him but hastily wiped away that smile to set a serious mood, "Can I talk to you?"

"What about?"

"Us."

"Not us, Addie. You and me," he sternly corrected.

"Yeah, you and me."

"Sure," he beamed at me.

"But not here, there's too much media. Let's go back to the theater," I pulled him across the lobby and we both sat down at the center part of the very last row.

"I'd like to say that I'm real sorry for breaking up with you without giving you a reason. Well, to tell you honestly: I never really loved you. I did, but that was before us."

"It's okay. I-- I think I deserved it," he replied.

"That's an interesting theory," I said, curious of what he meant.

"Promise me that you won't get angry."

I looked at him suspiciously and considered what he said. "I'll try my best not to." I said.

"I knew you were Lin long before you moved away from L.A. You see, I saw you once, changing back into Addie. I mean, I didn't see you changing, but I was outside your dressing room. I've been a big fan from the start, y'know? You came in, Lin came out: Lin came back in, you came out. I waited for Lin to come out, but she never did. I never told anyone but my sister, I believe you've met her. Being a fame-seeker, I tried to woo you, hearing from my friends that you had it big for me. But I never really had the guts to talk to you back in L.A., I really didn't know what to say. When you moved to New York, it made me feel stupid: I never had the guts to say hi. A grand gesture of love was all it would take for you believe that I really liked you. I hadn't considered one part of the plan, you. I hadn't expected competition of course, but I thought of it as a fun challenge. I watched you so carefully so that I could find the right timing to make you fall for me. But it ended up the other way around: I fell for you. Wonderful feeling, ain't it? The hang-over stings though. Too bad I was too late. If I just took the chance before you left..." he paused and took a long good look at me.

"Addie?" Ed called, "it's time for us to go. Party's about to start."

"Coming!" I shouted back. I gave Ralph a hug and a peck on the cheek. "You'll always be the first guy I ever loved," I whispered. He stood up, took my hand and led me to Ed. Ed, in turn, took me with a warm smile and contentedly put his arm around my shoulders.

"You take care of her, or else. One false move, I won't hesitate to take her away," I heard Ralph whisper to him before he left the room.

"What was that?" I asked, as if Ralph were speaking in an alien language that was barely audible.

"Guy stuff," he grinned as he led me through the front door, "did I ever tell you that I love you?"

"Just enough times to keep my blood running," I sighed.

"Mommy!" a little girl barely a year old shrieked in my dad's arms.

"Hey there Savanna," I smiled gently as I took her into my arms.

"Let's go Mrs. Ramos," Ed grinned.

"Stop calling your mom," I said sternly.

"Sorry, I got carried away," he said as he cooed over Savanna. We laughed heartily as we all walked out of the theater.