F I V E

I decided to go out for dinner with Ace since Wentz was annoying me. Dez also was annoying me but he only asked about the text messages because Wentz wanted to know and Trey only started getting curious when Wentz put it in his head that the guy texting me was probably on Impact. As much as I love them, I'm grown. I can handle myself, I don't need them breathing down my neck when it comes to men. I appreciate them looking out for me but I don't say anything about their girlfriends, exes, or one night stands. I need them to give me the exact same courtesy I give to them.

I take an Uber to the restaurant Ace picked. It was a bar and halfway packed for a weekday, I get out the car when it parks and I see Ace at the front entrance.

"I almost thought you weren't going to come." He tells me.

"Well I did." I smile up to him.

"And I'm glad you did." He wraps an arm around me but I shrug him off.

I walk into the restaurant and he follows close. There was no sign saying to wait for a host so I picked a table by the windows. I usually like sitting by the window, no idea why, but I do.

Ace sits across from me and we wait for a waiter.

"I heard good reviews about this place. I heard they have great cocktails."

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" I looked into his eyes.

"No, no, I meant if you--"

"I'm joking." I gave him a smile.

"Good, because I'm not that type of guy. I would never do anything to make you..." Ace tries hard to explain. "I would never--"

A waitress comes over and saves Ace from finishing his painful explanation. She takes our drink order and I smirk at Ace as I order.

"Do you serve wine?" I ask the waitress while looking over at Ace.

"Yes we do." She tells me.

"Can I get a white wine spritzer and a raspberry iced tea?"

"Sure." She tells me as she writes on her pad.

Ace just orders a water with a lemon and the waitress walks away from us after she gives us menus.

"You didn't order a cocktail, maybe I should cancel my order, I think you do have intentions." I smirk as I look over the menu.

"I... Now I'm starting to think you're trying to get me drunk."

"Maybe..." I smile over to him.

The waitress surprisingly comes back fast with the iced tea and water.

"Here's your iced tea and your water. I'll be back with your wine spritzer."

"Actually you can cancel--"

"Actually I'll have one too." Ace interrupted me.

The waitress looks at us confused.

"She'll have one and I'll have one."

The waitress looks at me, almost as if she is trying to get confirmation from me.

"Yeah, yeah I'll have one and he'll have one as well."

"Ok, I'll be right back with your cocktails." She gives us an obviously fake smile before walking away.

I chuckled at him when she walked away.

"What?"

"Nothing." I tell him as I looked at the other side of the menu.

"Seriously, what?"