9- Details

Namjoon's POV

I'm shivering with nervousness when she turns to leave. My heart seems to be beating at a ridiculous pace as I see her disappear into the store.

I actually managed to ask for her number? Wow Namjoon I didn't know you had it in you!

I grin to myself as I head in the opposite direction, thinking about what to get her.

She seems scared. Uncertain. Maybe what she needs is some comfort. Happiness. Familiarity.

The feelings I feel when I'm with her.

A book to encompass that eh?

"Hmmmmmmm" I hum when looking around till I find a familiar name.

My hand reaches for the leather bound edition of 'The lion, the witch and the wardrobe"by C.S Lewis.
I recall how I had gotten to reading it... I had watched the movies first before seeking out the books.
And they transported me through the magic wardrobe into the world of fawns and magic. A truly special book. I'm pretty sure she must've read it by now.

But a little familiarity never hurt anyone.

And if she's anything I've made her out to be, any book would make her happy.

I make my decision and continue around the store, picking a couple more books before heading to the cashier. I finished pretty fast, but it was because I couldn't focus on the books, my mind wandering to her and the note I was gonna write. I pay and walk out the store, knowing she's gonna take a while, finding a bench on the sidewalk.

Hey Ayanna! I picked out this book cause it's pure magic! I'm pretty sure you've read it already, but I couldn't help myself as it's a pretty special book to me. And sometimes, all we need is a magical adventure to remind us what life's really about, ya know?
You don't need to have it all figured out to be happy! And I wish you nothing but happiness! <3
Namjoon

I was really tempted to add a 'like you' after the words pure magic, but I decided against it. I sat there, looking at the sky , remembering her grin, replaying the wind in her hair and whispered

I think I'm falling in love...

Uh oh

I sit there contemplating the weight of my words. It's only been a day and a half. Is it supposed to be this fast? I don't even know a lot about her. She could be a serial killer for all I know. No but I had her background checked she definitely cannot be a serial killer. Oh but aren't serial killers supposed to be good at hiding their identities and details and stuff?

Wait where am I going with this I had a point.

I shake my head, trying to shake off the stupidity of my thoughts.

But there was one truth in them.

The fact that I didn't know a lot about her.

I mean the background check gave me some information and her social media accounts.
Her private accounts having only a handful of followers, which means a small social group, and her art account had a sizeable following.
Looking at her art, she had drawn a good number of portraits of the members over the years along with forests and scenery and other beautiful illustrations.
She was an ARMY through and through, probably even a Yoongi stan.
Her art was unlike anything I had ever seen before, in the best possible way, and it helped me understand her better.

But nothing there that made her weird.

Oh my god I'm a stalker now.

I shake my thoughts away again and pop my air pods in, letting the music wash over me as I looked around. After about an hour I decide to call her.