18- Falling

Her POV

We spend the next couple of days here and there, from my apartment to his, from one park to another, from one playlist to another.

All I could think of was
How I'm falling deeper and deeper...

A day before we were gonna leave for Stockholm, I was staying the night at Namjoon's.

It was quicker that way he said. To get into one car and go to the station.
I tried to not think too much of it.
I didn't want to make things awkward with feelings.

Gah feelings... Always ruining things

"Umm Ayanna?"

"Yeah?"

"I found this really great restaurant that I managed to book a dinner on the day after we arrive. Would you um- like to go out?" He said, scratching the back of his head, a nervous smile on his face

Wut?  Is this what I think it is? Wait no- obviously not. Stop being so self absorbed Ayanna..

"Sure! Where-"

"Ahh don't worry about that! Plus it's my treat" he adds winking

"Oh and Anna?"

"Yeah?"

"We'll have to be a bit more careful in Stockholm... Since it's a big city-"

"Ahh yeah. I understand. We need to go" I add, narrowing my eyes for dramatic effect "full stealth mode"

He laughs before nodding his head "I think I have an extra mask somewhere, I'll give it to you." He says getting up to go grab it

You wouldn't be able to handle all this that well would you? You'd rather live a quiet life. Inconspicuous. It's always been that way. It's better that way isn't it?

Isn't it?

I book an apartment a couple of blocks from his, since he already had one assigned, and I hadn't booked one yet. I confirm as he comes back with a mask and cap.

....

I hand him the cup of coffee I had gotten up early to get as he settles on the couch. 

"What time do we have to leave?"

"I just booked the taxi", he says waving his phone. "In a couple of minutes it'll be here"

.....

We make our way around the station, masks on, eyes glued to Google maps.

Of all the places to get lost in, we get lost trying to get out of Stockholm station.

I sigh as I take the phone from Namjoon and get us out of there. He gives me an embarrassed smile, which makes me laugh

"Directions are not my strong suit"

"Yeah no shit Sherlock" I add laughing

"Oh and here's the car"

A black sedan pulls up and we both pile in.

.....

I take in my new apartment. It's smaller than the last one, with just one bedroom, all on one floor.

At least I won't sprain my ankle this time

We decided to stay in for the day, especially since we had just travelled for four hours. Namjoon and I had passed out for the most part, but the sitting had tired us out.

I start my daily quota of searching for direction on the internet. Talking to Namjoon and my general love for the entertainment industry made me want to pursue something in that. Something that made dreams come true.

And I finally found a promising option.

An intern for a design firm that dealt in everything from concert stage design, set design, to merch design.
It sounded perfect.
And it was based in Korea too...

Not that that was one of the criterion for this in the first place, but it wouldn't hurt would it.

Sigh

You're setting yourself up for all kinds of pain right here

I send in my résumé, despite all the doubts.

....

The next day was supposed to be our dinner out. So we decided to go to a couple of museums before heading back early to just chill and get dressed.

It was hard to concentrate on all the art, when there was a literal masterpiece standing next to me.

Oh no

I'm becoming cringy now

Sigh

I guess this is what happens...

I also couldn't stop smiling like an idiot for the most part.

And was it just me or Namjoon smiling a lot more too.

Ahh well I never got guys, I don't think I'll ever understand them anyway...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please vote and comment! It really makes my day when I see people reading and interacting with the book! I love each comment and insight y'all give...

-M