TEN

The wind howls against his window almost violently, the trees shake, and when the lighting and thunder strikes his house he can't help but let out a shaky breath. Of course as his world comes crashing down, there is always a way that life makes it worse for him. As of before he had a secret hiding place from the bad in his life, one good thing. Something had to take it from him, as if he hadn't had almost nothing to begin with. He should've known it wouldn't last. The saying "too good to be true" was made for a reason, to serve as the truth..although it contradicts it somewhat.

Another thunder bolt strikes the house, and he shakes under the covers of his comforter.

The house is for once not occupied with the sound of almost violent arguments, and Taehyung would definitely consider this better, but it still sucks.

He whimpers, biting back his tears until he realizes that there's no point in doing so—so he continues and lets them all go. He wasn't completely sure what to do considering he hadn't been at his own house during the occurrence of a thunderstorm for ages. In all ways he knows he misses Jeongukk, and that he needs him. It's a little easier to admit to himself than he'd like, and he feels almost like a burden to the younger boy who had always treated him more like family than the one he had. He knows Jeongukk didn't necessarily do anything wrong, or something that he could be upset about, but the mix of emotions he was feeling from different life events were messing him up and he was confused. But with all of this, something inside tells him that maybe it happened for a reason. Maybe Jeongukk might be able to live his life without worrying about him. If that was the case, he didn't mind so much.

His house shook again, and he clutched his blanket tightly, a tear falling almost pathetically, like it was mocking him.

But then a comforting feeling falls over him, and for the first time in a while he feels calm

"You're okay, Taehyung." Jeongukk says, chin resting on his shoulder as his arms wrap around his body tightly. "You don't need to be scared. I'm here."

He can't help but smile as he buries himself further in the memory, the feeling.

"I love you."  He whispers.

...

Taehyung stood by his locker, attempting to get it open by tugging on the lock and sticking a ruler in the slot. When he felt two hands move him to the left, he sighed. "Thanks, Guk." he said subconsciously.

But the person turned to him and gave him a confused expression. It turns out it was actually Jackson. "Huh?"

"Oh.." Taehyung trailed off, rubbing his head harshly. "Sorry, I—"

Jackson stopped him there with a chuckle. "It's cool. Bet you were expecting your lover boy, hm." He began doing a bunch of things to it that Taehyung would have laughed at, if it weren't for how much of a shitty mood he was in.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked, as he focused on the lock.

"Jeongukk?" He questioned as his eyebrows furrowed, passing the lock onto him so that he could enter it. With the response Taehyung parted his lips, shaking his head with a shocked expression. When Jackson caught it he laughed again, nodding his head toward the lock to remind him.

"Don't lie. He talks about you all the time." He chimes in when he's entering his code.

"He does?" Taehyungs asks when Jackson takes it from him once again and hits it.

"Yeah, of course—like all the time. Like a while ago Minji was trying to get in his pants, as she does.." he took his time hover his finger over his ear, twirl it around, and roll his eyes.

"Anyway, lover boy was apologizing—like it was his fault—and said he liked someone else." Upon hearing that Taehyung couldn't help but feel a little upset over the fact that Jeongukk liked someone else.

"We all just assumed that he was talking about you because, who else would it be?" As the words left his lips, almost like magic, Taehyungs lock opened.

He clapped. "Thanks, Jackson." The other nodded, patting him on the back. "Yeah, don't mention it."

As Jackson walked away, Taehyung thought for a moment. Jeongukk talks about me? He pinched the bridge of his nose, leaning his body into his locker. Well, probably not anymore.

...

short chapter— almost like a filler 😗
sorry, not my best work if I'm being honest.. but I'm just trying to get some chapters out while I'm not as busy with school as I usually am. If anything though, I'll just get Cal to write another chapter. 😂

<3
Zara