TWELVE

Eventually, Jeongguk had to leave to warm-up for his game. He didn't let go of Taehyung's hand until he was sat comfortably on a good spot of the bleachers, despite his protest.

While he was playing, Taehyung pondered the possibility of their relationship. Would it work out?They have been friends a long time like Jeongguk said, but he would be lying if he said he never thought about it being anything more than that. Of course he wouldn't think about it for too long since all that sounded impossible back then. But now, he wasn't so sure.

He was sure about one thing though, he didn't want things to change between them. You know, the things people in movies worry about. He used to laugh at them, tell the television how ridiculous they were being and how easy it is to just accept. But he kind of gets it now.

Never mind that, he should be supporting his friend—or Jeongguk. He didn't know what category Jeongukk fell in now that they kind of had a thing, but it definitely isn't under friend.

This is the first game he's been to in a while since he will admit to being a dramatic ass. Another thing that he will admit is being on the verge of falling asleep almost every game. He was always there to cheer Jeongukk on, but it didn't mean that he was completely interested in watching. He honestly found baseball kind of boring no matter how much the other tried to convince him how "amazing" and "fun" it was. His words exactly. He didn't get it.

So it would be true if he said he didn't love baseball. But that's okay, because he did love Jeon Jeongukk.

They've told each other they love each other countless times. But now it felt like something hard to say, because now it meant much more than just a few words. Not that he didn't mean it. He says what he means.

It's just complicated.

In a bit more time, the game had finished. Taehyung had no idea whether they won or not because he still didn't know how baseball worked. However, their team looked happy so he'd place his bets on them.

Within a few minutes Jeongguk approached him, baseball bag on his arm.

Taehyung gulped, because what now? A million thoughts swarmed his mind and he's never been so nervous to see a person, and the fact that that person was Jeo—

"What are you looking at, loser?" He hears him say, and when he finally comes back down to earth he's quirking an eyebrow.

Taehyung let out the breath that he was holding in.

"Nothing, loser. Just you." He quickly replies, jumping off his seat.

"Hmm, are you implying that I'm nothing?" He says in fake offense.

"Maybe."

Jeongguk scoffs, while Taehyung just shamelessly smiles.

On another thought, maybe he had nothing to worry about after all.

+

"Guk?" Taehyung says one night, a few days later. Jeongukk continued to do a sit up, a part of his at home workout routine. Something the blonde would and still makes fun of.

"How long have you liked me?" The question had been swarming through his mind since their little confession. They hadn't talked too much about anything regarding it lately.

But today's the day.

"Hm?" Jeongukk stopped doing sit-ups then, holding his body up by leaning on his hands. "Oh.."

Taehyung took note of how his cheeks turned a light shade of pink, and tried to mask them by looking down.

"What?" He questioned, raising his eyebrows.