3: Golden

I guess I'm pre-writing a chapter a day, but I woke up at nine AM this time so my sleep schedule's getting a grip on itself >:3

America sits there with Y/n for several minutes. Her body trembles the entire time. She's holding onto him as if both would disappear at any moment. 

He stays there with her as she slowly begins to calm down. America felt his blood boil at the thought of Russia. Even after everything Y/n had done for him, he would still act like a jerk around her at times. 

I'm going to kill him...and I actually have a good reason for doing it now...

At the same time, he was almost relieved. As much as he enjoyed having Y/n as a friend, he did also have a crush on her. He had known that she liked Russia...and he hated it. 

He hated how that Y/n had been head over heels for him and how Russia hadn't paid any attention to her at all. He hated how Russia probably used her to help him get his date. He hated how Y/n still saw the freedom country as a friend.  

But he could never hate her for who she was. 

America lets go of her as she finally calms down. Y/n wipes a few remaining tears off of her face and looks away. 

"S-Sorry..." She stammers. 

"It's alright," He reassures her. After studying her face for a moment, he adds. "Where's your smile?" 

Before she can respond, America sticks his tongue out and blows a raspberry. Y/n giggles as a small smile returns to her face. 

"There it is," He laughs, making her blush a bit. Her smile grows. 

Holy sh*t- did I just make her blush...?

America pushes his small spark of hope aside. The two talk for a while longer about other things. By the time he looks at the clock again, it's almost nine in the evening. 

"Do you want to stay over?" Y/n asks as she checks the time on her phone. "It's kinda late..." 

"Sure," America grins. 

"You can stay on the couch," She says, standing up and stretching a bit. "I'll get you a pillow and blanket," 

"Can I have one of the soft ones?" He calls. "I know you have, like, a hundred of them," 

"Yes,"

Y/n returns with what she set out to get, including a few of the super soft blankets she had. 

"Can I have the blue one?" 

"No, that one's my favorite, and it's in my room," Y/n declares with an amused smile. "But I'll give you the next best ones," 

"Thanks," He chuckles. "Goodnight, N/n," 

"Goodnight, Stars. I'll see you in the morning," 

"You don't see stars in the morning," America retorts. 

"It's a nickname," Y/n tells him as she turns and walks away. 

He blushes a bit, but smiles at the same time. 

I have to win her over

America opens his eyes again in darkness. He waits for a moment, hopping that his eyes will adjust, but the area around him stays dark. 

"Please don't be a nightmare..." He mutters. 

He had forgotten about them when he agreed to stay the night with Y/n.