11: Anger

Everything happened fast. One moment, America was next to her. The next moment, he was gone, leaving the room eerily quiet. 

Y/n was in too much of a daze to call out at first. She doesn't fully process everything until he's gone.

"S-Stars...?" She mutters. "America...?" 

After she gets no response, Y/n begins to panic. 

"America?!" 

Germany writes the time on the sign-out clipboard. His shift had just ended for the day. 

Sometimes he would work at the hospital if he didn't have any meetings. It wasn't uncommon for countries to take other jobs besides the UN. 

For example, Belarus would work at the bar, France had a bakery, and Singapore also worked at the hospital. 

"Clocking out?" On cue, Singapore walks into the break room.

"Yeah," Germany replies. "I would stay longer, but I think they're getting mad at me for taking so much overtime," 

His friend laughs. "I don't blame them. But you do need to sleep more," 

Germany rolls his eyes and follows him out of the room. They start walking down the hallway side-by-side while talking.

"How's Y/n doing?" Singapore asks. 

"She's getting better," He replies. "I've only been able to stop by a few times to visit, but I think that-"

Their conversation is cut short as a heart monitor in one of the rooms begins beeping erratically. A few nurses run by them. Singapore stops one.

"What room is it?"

"402," The nurse responds quickly before continuing on. 

"Sh*t," Germany follows her with Singapore close behind.

He runs into Y/n's room. Her heart monitor was beeping off the charts. She was curled up into a ball on her side, shaking violently. The nurses were desperately trying to calm her down, but it was no use. 

"Singa, call America and figure out where the hell he is," Germany says to his friend. Singapore nods. 

Meanwhile, Germany walks over to her. The other people in the room clear the way for him.

"Y/n?" He bends down next to the bed. "Y/n can you hear me? It's Germany," 

Y/n whimpers and curls up into a tighter ball. Germany carefully places a hand on her arm. She flinches harshly, but doesn't respond. 

"Y/n it's alright," He says. 

He still doesn't seem to get through to her. Reluctantly, Germany tells the nurses to give her a mild sedative. 

It does work. 

Y/n gradually begins calming down. Her body stops shaking after a minute or two. 

"G-Germany...?" She mumbles, lifting her head a bit to look at him

"Give us some space," He calls to the others in the room. Soon it's just the two of them. "Hey, N/n," 

"W-Where's S-Stars...?"

"I don't know where America is," Germany says. "What happened?" 

"H-He just l-left..." Y/n chokes out. 

He nods. "How's your vision?" 

"Crap," 

Germany smiles softly before standing up. He unintentionally takes his hand away from her. 

"W-Where are you g-going?" 

"You pulled your IV tube out," He places his hand back on her arm to let her know that she was still there. 

"O-Oh..." 

"Can you roll back over?" 

Y/n nods and uncurls from her position. She listens as Germany moves to the other side of the bed to reattach her IV. 

"T-Thanks..." She mumbles. 

"You're welcome," 

"What t-time is it?"  

Germany glances at his watch. "Ten past six," 

"Shouldn't y-you be off by n-now?" Y/n asks guiltily. 

"I should, but you're my friend," He replies. "And you come first," 

She looks away. 

Singapore knocks on the door and walks into the room. Germany looks up at him hopefully, but his friend shakes his head. 

Y/n looks over at him and blinks a few times. "Who is it...?" 

"It's Singapore, Y/n," Singapore tells her.

She nods. 

"Did you guys give me a sedative or something...?" Y/n mumbles absent-mindedly. 

"We didn't have much of a choice," Germany replies. 

She hums in response. "I'm tired..." 

"Go to sleep, N/n," Singapore says. "Philippines is going to come stay with you," 

Y/n nods. 

Germany walks over to his friend and whispers. "Nothing from America?"

"No," Singapore replies. "Philippines said that she would come over and try to get ahold of him though," 

"Pip...?" Y/n mutters sleepily. 

Germany glances over at her with pity flashing in his gaze. 

"I'll stay here until Philippines comes," He mumbles. 

Singapore opens his mouth to respond, but Philippines suddenly bursts through the hospital doors. 

"WHERE IS SHE?!" 

America is a block away from Russia's house when his brother suddenly stops him. 

"Let me by Canada!" 

"No, I know what you're doing and I don't approve!" Canada grabs his brother when he tries to pass. 

"How do you know?!" 

"You have a very specific demeanor when you're on your way to beat someone up," 

America stops fighting against him, but glares. 

"Russia was the one who hurt Y/n!" 

Canada doesn't seem that surprised.

"America, you know I love you. And Y/n's my friend," He says. "But I was just over at Ukraine's because Russia's a complete emotional mess. He needs to apologize to her at some point," 

"There is no way in h*ll that I am ever letting him near her!" America snaps. 

"I'm not telling you to let it happen today, or next week, or next month," Canada retorts. "But right now, Y/n is more important than Russia!" 

Holy sh*t-

"Oh my god I just left her there!" America exclaims.

"Well then turn around and get back over there!" Canada tells him. 

He's about to run back the other way, but stays and gives his brother a pleading look. 

Canada lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Alright, I'll come with you...: