6: Lively

"Whyyyy?" 

Y/n laughs as America starts whining on the other end of the phone line. They were usually with each other at every spare moment, but she had made other plans for the evening. 

"I told Pip I would hang out with her tonight," She says. 

"Noooooooo,"

"Sorry," 

"Can I bring you breakfast tomorrow then?" He asks, his tone lightening a bit. "I wanna spend time with you," 

"I know ya big baby," Y/n giggles. "You can come over tomorrow morning," 

"Yes!" America responds. "Call me later?" 

"Sure thing, Stars," She says. "Bye," 

"Goodbye, Angel," 

Y/n hangs up before glancing in the mirror. She was dressed slightly nicer than normal, normal being a hoodie and leggings. 

Feeling that her look wouldn't get any better than what it was, Y/n grabs her coat and bag and walks out the door. 

It was still cold outside. She pulls her scarf- well, no, it was actually America's scarf that she hadn't given back to him. Y/n figured he didn't even know it was gone. 

Plus, it was cozy. 

It's not stealing, right?

It kinda is...

She reminds herself to return it later. In the meantime, Y/n tightens the scarf a bit and pulls it up more over her face to block out some of the cold. Thankfully the bar was close to her apartment building. 

Y/n spots Philippines pacing impatiently outside. The normally outgoing country was hugging herself a bit to shield from the temperature. 

"You alright, Pip?" 

Philippines narrows her eyes as she glances up at her approaching friend. 

"No! I'm cold as sh*t!" The country snaps. "Why is it so cold here?!"

"You could have waited inside," Y/n tells her. 

Philippines grumbles. "I wanted to wait for you, it's pretty crowded in there," 

She was right, the bar was packed. But it was also a Friday night, and there were sports games playing on the television screens. 

Y/n and Philippines, to their luck, find a place at the bar counter. They order their drinks and talk. 

"Did you hear who got dumped?" The country sparks the first conversation.

Y/n raises an eyebrow and gives her a disbelieving look. "Don't tell me-"

"Oh that girl probably cheated on Russia the first day," Philippines says. "America owes me twenty bucks," 

"You guys bet?" 

"I called it two weeks, he called it one," She shrugs. "And it's just past two if I'm not mistaken," 

Y/n lets her thoughts wander for just a split second. 

No, she didn't have a crush on Russia anymore. He didn't care for her, not like America did. 

She loved America, not Russia. 

"When did it happen?" Y/n asks. 

"This morning I think," 

"That means he'll probably be here drinking..." She mumbles. 

"Yeah, if he's not blackout drunk already," Philippines says, exasperated. "He needs to tone it down on the alcohol," 

As she finishes, their drinks arrive, making both laugh at the coincidence. 

"So, how's dating America?" The country asks next, raising her eyebrows up and down in a teasing manner. 

"Uh- i-it's good," Y/n blushes and looks away. Philippines laughs. 

"Relax, N/n, I'm just giving you a hard time," She says. "You know, he always loves taking about you when you're not around, in a good way," 

"R-Really?" The girl looks back up again, her face still a dark shade of pink at least. 

"Mhm," Philippines replies. "He really loves you, Y/n," 

Y/n looks away again as the blushing intensifies. Her companion laughs and pats her on the shoulder. 

"Okay, okay, I'll stop teasing you," 

Once her face returns to it's normal color, Y/n talks with Philippines for a while. The mood is energized with the lively bar around them, and both even cheer with the others when something happens on the TV just for fun. Neither even know what they're cheering for, but that was the fun part.

The only issue was Russia. A few minutes after they had stopped talking about him, Y/n spotted him at the opposite end of the bar counter. He was hunched over and barely noticeable, even with his height. She paid no notice to him. 

"Oh hey! That's Singapore!" Philippines says suddenly. She glances at Y/n. "I'm gonna go say hi real quick," 

"Don't have too much fun without me," Y/n laughs. 

The country rolls her eyes and runs off into the crowd. 

Y/n turns back to her whiskey and glances up at Russia, only to find that the tall country was gone from his seat. She thinks nothing of it until there's a tap on her shoulder. 

"F*ck off, Russia," Y/n knew it was him from the slight heaviness of the touch. 

"You didn't tell me who she was," The Russian accent slurs as he takes Philippines' now empty seat. "You lied," 

"How was I supposed to know, идиот?" (*idiot). She growls. "The only thing you used me for was to track her down so that you could get laid," 

"You're usually nicer than this," Russia grumbles. He was obviously drunk out of his mind. 

"Yeah, you're not on my nice list," Y/n retorts. "A word of advice, don't use your friends as tools if you want them to keep being your friends," 

"I didn't use anyone," He slurs. 

"Leave me alone so I can actually enjoy my Friday," She hisses, glancing at him with a look that could kill. "You did use me, and you're not my friend anymore. So stop acting like it," 

Y/n can feel Russia staring at her silently as she takes another sip of beer from her bottle. 

"You're a bad friend," He finally says. 

"You're one to talk, drunk-a**," She turns in her seat to glare at him fully. "Now, once again, kindly, f*ck off," 

Russia stands up, but doesn't leave. He towers over her and just glares. 

Y/n wasn't afraid of him. She was too pissed to be scared...and she had also had just a little bit of alcohol to boost her confidence. 

"Russia!" 

Ukraine runs over to them. She hastily grabs her brother's arm and pulls on it to try and get him to leave, but he doesn't budge. 

"Leave her alone, Russia," Ukraine says, glancing uneasily at Y/n. 

"No, she lied," Russia slurs. Then he flashes a snarl that reveals his fangs. "She lied about everything!" 

"It's not my f*cking fault that you fell for a hooker!" Y/n snaps. "It's also not my f*cking fault that you decided to throw me into a goddamn ditch after you used me to get a date!" 

"You're the one who agreed to help me!" 

"And helping you is going to be the thing I regret until the day I f*cking die, thank you very much!" 

"Guys stop!" Ukraine yells. 

With the noise in the bar, almost no one was paying attention to their heated argument. Everyone was more focused on their own friends or the television screens. 

No one saw Russia snatch Y/n's beer bottle. 

And no one noticed when he smashed it over Y/n's head.