Chapter One

It was an average day in Magnolia. Children playing. People chatting and not to forget the fire dragon slayer eating an entire restaurant out of food.

But in the Guild a certain Mage was sucked into a book.

"Lu-chan?"

Startled Lucy looked up from her book to see Levy smiling. Gajeel behind her

"Hey Lu-chan I was wondering if you would like to join Gajeel and I for dinner!" Levy exclaimed excitement ringing in her voice.

"Ah.. Sorry Levy-chan but I really want to finish this book! It's really good! I'll lend it too you after I'm finished!" Levy nodded understandingly and ran off with Gajeel. Lucy sunk back into her chair her thoughts clouded by the words of her book.

It's not okay! No you can't! No!

Lucy widened her eyes. The voice in her head wasn't hers. It sounded like Natsu's voice but softer and higher; less-raspy. She shook it off. (A/N italics=Strangers voice in her head// Bold= her own thoughts)

It's okay you're not like your mom you're stronger.

Chills ran up her spine making her shiver at the thought. Another voice echoed through her head this time more feminine

Lucy you can't ignore us like your mom tried

She shook her head back and fourth. Was this how it had started for her mother? Was this how she became sick and had to go to the mental hospital. Was she going to die like her-

-"Lucy?" Erza interrupted tapping her shoulder standing in front of her. "Are you alright?"

"Fine" She spat out a little harsher than she intended after that she decided she just needed some rest. So she headed home bumping into Natsu on the way.

"Oi! Watch where your go- Oh hey Luce!" He exclaimed she just looked up and nodded continuing down. Natsu had a hurt look on his face turning around to see what was up. "Luce, Wait up!" She walked faster the voices in her head echoing. She didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment the voices were getting stronger and stronger she just wanted to get home and sleep. Finally catching up, Natsu stood in front of Lucy making her halt. "Luce something's wrong what happened?"

"It's nothing Natsu I'm just in a bad mood I just need some sleep" She lied

You can't hide.

"Shut up" She whispered. Natsu cocked his head.

" huh? "

"Oh sorry.. I was just thinking of something"

"You're loosing it Luce. " He joked gave her a quick hug and walked away.

Lucy smiled a blush appearing on her face but it faded quickly .

Liar.