Chapter Three

" Please just leave me alone !" Lucy screamed at the top of her lungs. She laid on the ground of her apartment feeling the cool wood touch her burning skin. She was running a fever she knew that but she didn't care she just wanted the never ending voices to end. It was around 2am about 6 hours since Laxus and Master had dropped her off. Ever since then he had been tugging at her hair, biting her nails, screaming. Anything. ANYTHING. To distract herself from the intimidating voices. They were child voices but not the kind of sweet innocent child voice. The kind that could mesmerize you. The one that could voice a scary movie. The one that could drive you absolutely insane.

She screamed once again the voices mocking her.

Pathetic! So weak

Lucy Heartfilia why aren't you dead.

Lilic's dead but your not!

She saved you but she died!

Coward!!

You don't deserve to live! You need to die! Just like your mother did! I think you have some rope at the guild!

" Please.. stop" She whispered tears coming down in waterfalls. She needed to go somewhere. She couldn't stay locked in her house for long it was making everything worse.

Yeah! Brothers right how about you hang yourself in the Guild for everyone to see!

Yes Sister! Just like Layla hung herself in front of the town!

Everyone will be at peace then!

Yes!

" I will not EVER kill myself!!" She shouted grabbing her keys running out into the street. The sharp icy winter air making her tear soaked face cold. She shivered she was only in a tank-top and shorts. She ran and ran aimlessly until she ran out of breathe. She collapsed on a brick wall panting she was shaking from being cold her vision blurry from tears and pain from the constant headache. She put her hand over her eyes and scrunched up in a ball finally drifting off into sleep.

______________________________________________________

Natsu walked through Magnolia taking a different route than his usual. He was eager to see if Lucy was feeling better he was freaked out by the way she acted yesterday. It scared him the look on her face made him cringe. She was so afraid but of what? Continuing his walk he rubbed his hands together it has to be around 24 degrees and it even made Natsu a little chilly; He was glad Happy wasn't here and was still at home resting cause he would be complaining about how cold it was. Lucy came to his mind again. She hated the cold. He was almost at the guild he just had to go through one more ally way. Sharply going left he stopped his blood ran cold.

"Luce!" He shouted she was leaning against the wall no injuries on her besides her being extremely cold. She fluttered her eyes open immediately wincing then realizing it was only Natsu. " N-natsu the voices.. Please.. Make them stop " She whispered tears coming out of her eyes again her bent down to her level and pulled her into a hug. He took off his scarf wrapping it around her shoulders. What voices ? Natsu thought. What could she be hearing? He rubbed her arms the friction creating heat. "N-n-Natsu they won't s-stop" She pulled away from him . The same look on her face as yesterday. She stared deep into his eyes pleading him to save her.

"Why are you here Luce? How long have you been here?"

"I slept here I couldn't take it they follow me. Natsu they won't stop till I end it" Natsu didn't understand what she meant by "End it" he just helped her up then lifted her bridal style into his arms. Her teeth were chattering obvious that she was cold but her skin wasn't cold it was hot actually. Too hot, he placed one of his hands on her forehead. Yep defiantly a fever he walked to the guild thinking Wendy could help with Lucy then he could ask questions about what's wrong with her. Lucy instantly fell asleep once he started walking she looked so peaceful. Natsu couldn't help but smile and kiss her forehead. He hoped she would be okay and this could all blow over. After all it couldn't be that bad probably just a nightmare or something or maybe just Lucy was having a bad week maybe friend problems or family issues. Nothing major could be wrong with his blonde friend right?

Wrong.