5

Y/n's POV

Today's the day I guess. Not really excited for the tournament honestly. Being livestreamed to the entire world doesn't really sit well with me especially since they have facecams for everyone...but I guess it's what I signed up for so it can't be too bad. Plus I have my mask and I'll wear a hat.

Time to go.

---------------

Welp, we made it. I guess the tournament picked up a lot more traction than me or Ryu expected. It's freaking packed in here. Maybe if I disappear into the crowd Ryu won't notice me le-

"Uh. You're not trying to ditch me are you Y/n? I can see that look on your face even if it is only your eyes that I can see. You're trying to leave in the crowd and I'm gonna let you." Ryujin said as she attached herself to my right arm.

"Sorry Ryu. I'm just kinda nervous." I lowered my mask down to my chin and bit my lip a little while looking at the massive crowd. I can see the ToW banners from the entrance. This game is really popular huh.

I pull out my phone to check the time. There's an hour before the tournament starts.

"Hey Y/n, you'll be fine ok? I've watched you play everyday since we met and I can confidently say you're one of the best. Hell you managed to have the first master class weapon for a samurai class as well as go from a low rank pvp newbie to being in the top 3000 in like a month of playing. You're incredibly skilled Y/n." She leaned upwards and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

Fuck I guess I have to win now.

"Thanks Ryu. You're the best." I smiled at her and leaned over to kiss her cheek. "Let's go. There's a competitors line and an audience line. So we'll have to separated for a bit. Plus there's registration so, I'll see you soon ok?" She nodded and gave me a hug.

"Good luck Y/n."

---------------

I'm gonna fucking kill her. She's so dead when I get off that stage.

THERE'S ESPORTS TEAM SCOUTS HERE. AND IT WAS PLANNED THEY'D BE HERE! No wonder the place is so damn packed! Ryujin knew and didn't tell me! But I guess without her I wouldn't potentially fulfill by dreams as an Esports player...BUT STILL SHE COULD HAVE TOLD ME. Oh god now I'm gonna do horrible!

buzz buzz

Ryu 💜: Sorry about not saying anything about the scouts, must have slipped my mind 😜

Me: You're so dead after this.

Ryu 💜: Love you! 💓

Me: You're buying me food when I get off that stage.

"Welcome everyone to the Tides of War Open Tournament! This is the first ever open tournament for Tides of War! There are a lot of participants today and the behinning bouts have been made! Please allow me to explain the rules!" The announcer said. On the big TV screen behind him, the matches were shown. I was told who I was gonna fight so I didn't really look, but looking through the crowd I found Ryujin taking a picture of the screen so she could look for my username I guess. It was kinda cute seeing her all excited for this tournament. I wish Dami and Eunbin were here though.

"With a total of 100 participants, there will be 50 beginning matches. The first matces will happen all at once, with the introduction of the representatives of the Esports teams here to scout new talent, then we will look more closely into duals after the first 50 duals are over. How does that sound to everyone?" The audience clapped, and so did Ryujin with a huge smile on her face. She's so cute...

"Seo Y/n?" A staff member asked me.

"Y-Yeah that's me." Stupid stutter.

"If you woukd follow me please. I'll lead you to the stage along with your assigned PC." I nodded and followed her. I went onto the stage, I was one maybe the tenth one to go out so everyone was looking at me. Or maybe it was because I was the first female to go out. I could here whispers along the front row and people were pointing at me.

Not helping here people...at least my mask and hat cover my face.

I look for Ryujin in the crowd again and see that she's smiling at me. I give a smile back but it must have looked awkward because I'm still really nervous.

10 minutes later everyone is seated.

"Now that everyone has found their spot, we would like to say thank you to everyone on this stage and in this crowd. You are the community that allows the game go grow and evolve and we'd like to throughly give our thanks." The announcer bowed and quickly went back to talking. "It also appears there's a certain...someone in this tourament today." My eyes go wide. There's the whispers again. Someone near me on the stage whispers and I could hear my username.

Oh shit.

"However, to keep them hidden for now we won't be revealing them as of now. That will be a surprise for if they make it far enough in today's tournament."

Fuck.

"Now, let's get this tournament started!" The crowd cheers loudly. This is a mall people!

Time to play.

----------

HEY EVERYONE SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING I'VE KINDA LOST SOME MOTIVATION BUT I'M OK NOW. HOPE YOU'RE ALL DOING OK.

Anyway, what should Y/n's username be? Any ideas? Comment them!