6

Ryujin's POV

Damn she's soooo good. I can't believe this girl says she's not that good. I was watching her the whole time she played. I couldn't even here what the announcer was saying. I guess he was just talking to the team representatives and talked to them for a bit.

It seems the matches were won once someone reached best of 5. I couldn't really focus on what was happening on Y/n's screen as they barely showed her match on the big screen for some reason. It seemed like everyone else was getting the same amount of screen time except her match.

Anyway, about 6 minutes in, someone finished their match. The two who played stood up and shook each other's hand before heading off stage.

I looked back at Y/n who was concentrating hard on her screen. From my spot in the audience I couldn't really tell what her hands were doing but I could see movement from her arms.

You got this Y/n/n.

--------

Y/n's POV

Honestly...these guys are pretty bad. There are 4 other players that were pretty good.

First is Jackson. He plays a Warrior class. They're extremely versatile as they're essentially a hybrid off-tank and dps. Applying damage buffs to themselves as well as dealing a ton of burst damage. Apparently he finished the first dual in 6 minutes, and I finished maybe 20 seconds after him.

After the first round of duals ended, there were 50 players left in the tournament. They arranged us into 10 teams of 5. Then they had us do 5v5. That's where I identified the other people.

First of the 3 and second to Jackson, is Yeeun. She's an insane Sorceror. They deal a lot of AoE damage and do quite a bit of crowd control. With her, she knew her cooldowns well. We were sitting next to each other and I swear I never saw that girl look once at her skillbar to check cooldowns. I'm good at timing cooldowns but sometimes I do still forget and I have to look.

Next is someone named B.I. He's an Assassin with insane map awareness. As an Assassin he can place traps as well as turn invisible and deal a crazy amount of single target damage that ignores armor. I watched that guy clutch a 1v3 with only traps. TRAPS. He knew every single nook and cranny and lured them all to their deaths, without using his daggers.

Last on my 'Scary Player' list is Yuto. As a Sage, he's able to do a bit of damage, but his specialties are in healing. With him, his team NEVER took one hit point of damage, and if they did it was healed in an instant.

Next, after the 5v5s were over there are 25 left. This is essentially the final round. They're having us do a free for all. Top 5 win the tournament and a talk with a team rep. Kind of crazy how I made it this far.

"Excuse me, you're Aurora right? The samurai who got the first master class weapon?" A staff member asked. 

"Y-Yeah...is something wrong?" I pulled my mask down to my chin. Didn't want to be rude.

"No no everything is ok, however we were wondering if you'd like the audience be told of your presence." The hell? My presence? I mean sure I made the first master class weapon but I'm not that much of a big deal.

"No I'm ok. I'd prefer that my identity in real life be kept a secret. It's why I have the mask." I gave the staff member a small smile. They nodded and went off stage. I grabbed a soda from a nearby vending machine and sat down on a bench.

"Hey there Miss 'I'm not the good.'" I laugh and look up to the voice.

"Hi Ryu. You're not bored are you?" She sat down next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Of course not. I never get bored watching you. I may know very little about the game but I know you're passionate about it and I'm here to support you. And by the way, when you were stuck in that corner with like 2 guys and then did that moon move or whatever, I jumped when the dust settled and you were the only one left standing and you won the round." She grabbed onto my hand and held it. "You're doing great Y/n. I'm sure after this is over one of those team guys will come over and talk to you."

"Thanks Ryujin. You're support means a lot." I turned to face her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "We should get back though. I think the announcer started talking."

-------------

SORRY FOR THE MAYBE BORING CHAPTER. Wanted to get some more information as well as other characters into the story as well. Also thank you to minkie_yu0209 for the username idea, I hope I didn't dissapoint you by not having it be the whole thing! (I would have made it a your username type of deal but tbh it's long and annoying to type out)

SO, will Y/n make it in the Top 5? What will the Scary Players do? Find out next time! BYYYYEEE~