Prologue (Revamped)

You were walking through the forest while carrying your backpack with your deck, duel disk, and duel gazer inside of it. You also had some emergency food that you had been saving for any sort of struggle that you might come across.

As you kept walking, you started to hear cars coming from the city and you knew you were close.

You climbed all the way up a tree and looked out over the forest to see it, Heartland City.

"Just a little bit father," you said with a smile.

You climbed back down the tree and continued on your way.

On your way there, you pulled out your duel gazer and remembered what your dad told you a long time ago. You may have been young, but you still remember the words perfectly. You repeated the words as you remembered them in your head.

"A duelist's victory doesn't come from how much they want to win, but by dueling with honor. Even when you lose, you learn from your mistakes and move on to get stronger." I'll always remember that," you said as you honored those words.

You had a look of passion and confidence in your eyes.

"Don't worry, Dad. I will become stronger. And then, once I find you, I'll defeat you as well," you said with a determined look.

You reached into your pocket and pulled out your favorite card, Blazar Swordsman.

"Isn't that right, partner," you said with a smile.

The sun reflected off the card as if it was saying yes.

"I knew you'd agree. Now let's get to Heartland City to become stronger! You said with a determined smile.

You ran up to the edge of the city, and before entering, you took a deep breath to relax.

You then walked into Heartland City to find your next opponent.

You walked through the city and you were amazed at how amazing it looked in the early morning.

You kept walking and searched for anybody that was dueling, but unfortunately, no one seemed to be doing so.

You were starting to give up and think that the information you were given about this place was fake, but at that moment, someone on a skateboard sped past you with someone else running behind him.

"Sorry about that! We're in the middle of a race right now, and Bronk is always on his skateboard!" A boy with crazy hair said with a smile.

"What's the matter, Yuma? Can't keep up? Are you gonna give up?" The guy he called Bronk said with a smirk.

"No way, Bronk! I'm so feeling the flow!!" Yuma shouted with a determined look.

They took off running into the distance, but Yuma was in such a rush, he accidentally dropped two of his cards.

"Hold up! Kid!" You said trying to get his attention.

Yuma just kept running and didn't seem to hear you.

You pick up the cards he dropped and see that they were Gogogo Golem, and Gagaga Magician.

"Cool cards. I'll hold onto them until I see him again. They appeared to be wearing a uniform of some sort," you said with a neutral look.

You knew that you needed to ask someone about that, so you looked around and saw someone walking by and started running up to him.

"Excuse me, sir, can I ask for some help?" You asked with a neutral look.

"Of course. My name's Trey. You don't look like you're from around here," He said as he looked at you.

"That's because I'm not. I actually arrived in the city a little bit earlier. I'm (Yn). Nice to meet you, Trey," you said with a smile.