Ch. 1 The School Bully

A few weeks have passed since you enrolled at the school. You didn't really have a place to stay at the time, so Yuma offered for you to stay at his house, and you accepted.

Yuma lived with his grandmother and his older sister. His grandmother was happy to let you stay with them, but his sister wasn't so caring. She did let you stay with them because she was outvoted, but she wasn't too happy about it.

This morning you were waiting on Yuma to come downstairs so that they could get going, but he was taking forever.

(Yn): Geez. He always does this every single day. He said with an annoyed look.

Haru: Yes, he does, would you please go check and make sure eyes not still in bed, (Yn)? She asked with a smile.

(Yn): Yes ma'am. He said with a smile.

You went up the stairs and climbed into the attic to see Yuma still asleep in his hammock.

(Yn): Seriously, Yuma? He asked with an annoyed look.

You twisted the hammock around until he fell out if it and woke up.

Yuma: Ugh. What a weird dream. He said with a sleepy look.

(Yn): Well, quit worrying about your dreams, and let's get to school. He said with an annoyed look.

Yuma: Well, at least I'm up now. He says with a neutral look.

(Yn): Yeah, and we're gonna be late if we don't hurry. He said with an annoyed look.

You pointed to the clock on the wall as it started ringing to show it was 8 o'clock.

Yuma gets up from the ground with a worried look on his face.

Yuma: Not again! He says with a worried look.

You walk back downstairs and wait for him.

A moment later, he comes down with his school uniform on, and he looks annoyed at his sister, Kari.

Yuma: What gives, Kari? Why didn't you wake me up? He asks with an annoyed look.

(Yn): Because she has a job to do. And your lucky that your grandmother asked me to wake you up, otherwise, I would've left already. He says with a neutral look.

Yuma: Hey! He says with an annoyed look.

Kari: (Yn)'s right. You're in high school now, Yuma. So act like it. She says with a neutral look.

Yuma makes a face at her to show that he's just a child.

The two of you run outside and pass by Yuma's grandmother.

Yuma: Bye Grandma. He says with a neutral look.

Haru: But Yuma, what about a goodbye kiss? She asks with a smile.

Yuma: No time. Sorry. He says with a neutral look.

He runs by her to try and get moving, but she uses the broom she's holding and stops him.

Yuma: Grandma! What are you doing? He asks with a worried look.

Haru: Either you give your grandmother a goodbye kiss, or you get a grand slobbering! She said as she glared at him.

He kissed her on the cheek and then she let him go.

(Yn): Have a great day, Ms Haru. He says with a smile.

Haru: Have a great day, you two. She said with a smile.

The two of you started running to the academy so you wouldn't be late.