𝒕𝒘𝒐

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒐
━━━━

   Arabella sighed as she tied the strings of her dress up, wiping her sweaty palms on the fabric

Arabella sighed as she tied the strings of her dress up, wiping her sweaty palms on the fabric. Cora had already left her task list on Arabella's nightstand beside the candle. Arabella peeked out of her window, grimacing as she saw the bright sun. Knowing that the day would be hot, she put her hair into a braid, tying the end into a knot to keep it held together. She quickly made her way out of her room and into Lottie's, finding the girl still in bed.

"Lottie, you must get up. It is nearly the afternoon,"

Lottie groaned and sat up, "Did mother request me?"

"She requested that I wake you, as for what, I am unknowing."

Lottie yawned and stood up, holding her nightgown up as she stumbled about the room, "Would you please let Abel know I am in need of some assistance with my corset. Mother bought the newest ones from Europe and the women there apparently don't have ribcages."

Arabella chuckled at her stepsister's hatred of corsets, "I will go fetch Abel."

Arabella made her way downstairs and into the kitchen, yelling Abel that Lottie was in desperate need of help. The woman chuckled and went upstairs. Arabella grabbed the tea that had been prepared, taking a cup upstairs. She entered Fannie's room to find the girl seated in front of a mirror, taking her time to brush through her hair. Arabella gave her whatever smile she could muster up at the sight of Fannie, "I have your morning tea."

"You may put it on my nightstand," Fannie responded, not even bothering to give Arabella a small glance. Arabella nodded and placed the tea down, exiting the room as quickly as possible.

She went to the kitchen and grabbed the next teacup, taking it to the study this time. Cora sat in a fancy dress, reading a book, "That took far too long Arabella."

"My apologies, I was,"

Cora quickly interrupted her, grabbing the girl's face, "I didn't ask for your excuses. How do you expect me to make a wife out of you with that spiteful tongue?"

Arabella bowed her head, admitting her defeat as she always did. She placed the tea on the table and left the room, her jaw slightly sore from how tightly Cora had held it. She rubbed the sensitive skin, walking back to the kitchen. Arabella walked out the back door in search of Gus. She headed to the stables, knowing very well the man was probably tending to the various horses. Gus was exactly where she expected he would be, petting his favorite horse Adonis.

"Gus!"

Gus turned around at the sound of Arabella greeting him, "Ella! How are you this morning?"