𝒔𝒊𝒙

Arabella's dress is above.

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙
━━━━

   The last time Arabella had attended a ball, both her mother and father will still alive and well

The last time Arabella had attended a ball, both her mother and father will still alive and well. The possibility of a night free of the daily worries she had excited her greatly. Lottie delivered the letter to her mother with great enthusiasm. Cora was immediately overjoyed by the information the invitation had, hoping that the event would be a good chance for her daughters to find suitable husbands.

"The ball is only tomorrow night, you two must prep all night long if you're want to be presentable," Cora put her finger in Lottie and Fannie's faces, almost as though she were scolding them.

Lottie rolled her eyes slightly, "What if I do not wish to find a suitor?"

Cora immediately glared at her daughter, "You will find a husband that is to my liking, Lottie."

Fannie smirked at her sister, "Mother knows what is best Lottie, do not bother arguing."

Lottie groaned, her initial excitement for the event slowly diminishing as she realized it would be more about finding a husband than enjoying herself. The brunette then stomped upstairs, the train of her dress dragging along the wood flooring.

Arabella watched her stepsister with a smile, finding Lottie's attitude amusing. Arabella's smile disappeared when she realized that she hadn't confirmed with Cora that she was going to the ball. She had merely only assumed because she was there when the invitation had been delivered. Arabella drew in a deep breath, deciding it best to burden Cora later in the evening.

━━━━

Stefan Salvatore shook hands with one of the many guests his father had invited from out of town and offered their guest home to. Stefan showed them around the estate, smiling and joking with them. Leaving them to get settled, he walked through his home, watching as the preparations for the ball were being made.

The ball was to celebrate his brother, Damon's return from war. The older Salvatore had bravely fought alongside the confederacy, an action that made their father very proud. Stefan admired his brother's loyalty and courage, hoping that one day he too would be seen as a hero. Stefan and Damon were inseparable, the brothers were best friends. They shared everything with one another. When Damon left for the war, Stefan found himself to be very lonely. Although well known throughout Mystic Falls, Stefan felt that no one truly knew him aside from his father's substantial wealth and status.

Stefan was more than delighted when his father shared news of the plans for a celebratory ball. The idea sparked hope in Stefan. Hope that he would find someone that could come to know him, and love him for who he was.