𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆
━━━━

    Arabella's hand raised to lay on top of Stefan's, "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't stop thinking about you and," Stefan used his free hand to fetch her necklace from his pocket, holding it up. "You left your necklace behind. Now, who did this to you?"

Arabella turned her head, breaking out of Stefan's hold. "You should leave,"

"I am not leaving you, especially not now."

"Stefan,"

Yelling broke the two apart, "Arabella!"

Cora came walking towards them, a glare set on Arabella. Her eyes were cold and hateful, something that Stefan noticed almost immediately. He extended his hand for the older woman, "Stefan Salvatore ma'am."

Cora shook his hand, plastering a fake smile on her face, "Cora. May I ask what you're doing out here with," Cora glanced to Arabella with disgust displayed on her face, "Her. Arabella, go inside before I make you do so."

Stefan was more often than not quite respectful, but at that moment he couldn't stand for Cora to speak to Arabella in such a disgusted manner. "I would appreciate it if you didn't speak to her that way."

"You're just a boy,"

"My father is quite influential in this town, do not speak to her like that."

Cora glared at Stefan, grabbing onto Arabella's arm. Her nails dug into the skin causing Arabella to wince. Stefan moved to grab Arabella from Cora but the woman stepped back. "How dare you come on my property and disrespect me as such." Cora then pulled Arabella into the home, shutting the door behind her. Stefan's eyes grew wide as he watched Arabella disappear into the home, chasing after them.

Arabella was tossed against the wall the second the door was shut and locked. Cora stormed over to her, yanking her hair. "How dare you tarnish my name by exposing your bruises?" Cora pushed Arabella further into the home, continuing to beat her as they moved around. Arabella closed her eyes, fighting back the tears that so desperately wanted to breakthrough. But she continued to be strong, after all, it was all she could do.

━━━━

A knock sounded at the front door of the Smith residence. Arabella was in immense pain, sitting by the fire with tears rushing down her face. Gus walked over, opening the door to the home. His eyes widened as he noticed a decent amount of townspeople standing there. A man held up a written letter, "Is Cora Smith inside this home?"

Gus nodded, "She is,"

"May I speak with her?"

Just as the words left his mouth Cora came walking up to the door. "What is the matter of all this?"

The man yanked Cora outside, "Cora Smith, you have been accused of practicing the sins of witchcraft. You will be taken to town for further questioning. If found guilty, you will burn at the stake."

Arabella winced as she stood up, rushing over to the door. When she reached the entryway she noticed men taking Cora away, the crowd following behind them with torches. Her eyes scanned over everyone, catching Stefan pushing through the crowd, he ran up and into the house, pulling Arabella into his arms. He pulled away and his eyes grew sad at her disheveled state.

Arabella's eyes scanned his face before gesturing to the crowd, "Was this your doing?"

"I informed my father, yes but it was,"

"My idea really," Clara appeared from behind Stefan, a smug look on her face. "I told you that woman was a witch."

"Why would you do such a thing?"

Clara offered Arabella a small hug, "Because you deserve more than the rags you wear and the bruises on your skin. Also, I didn't lie. Cora is an evil witch."

Stefan chuckled under his breath slightly. His eyes once more trailed over the fresh bruises on Arabella's skin, a frown covering his face. "I apologize that I wasn't here soon enough."

Arabella cupped Stefan's face in her hands. "You're here now, that is what matters."

━━━━

Only weeks later, Stefan and Arabella lay side by side in the Smith residences garden. Arabella's head was placed on Stefan's chest, their hands connected. Arabella smiled as she glanced up at him, "I am very grateful that I decided to go to the balk that night."

Stefan bent down, placing a kiss to Arabella's head, "As am I."

"I sign the papers to claim the estate tomorrow."

"You finally get to claim what is rightfully yours,"

Arabella glanced up at Stefan. Her eyes were filled with love and admiration as she stared at him. The corners of her lips tugged back as she realized something, "I guess dreams come true."

━━━━

Word count: 805

I do not own The Vampire Diaries.
All rights go to Julie Plec and Warner
Bro's. I only own any original
plot and characters.