𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓
━━━━

   Arabella held the bottom of her work dress up as the walked outside, careful to avoid any mud puddles that had shaped from the rains the night prior

Arabella held the bottom of her work dress up as the walked outside, careful to avoid any mud puddles that had shaped from the rains the night prior. As she looked up, she saw Gus in the distance, tending to the various horses in the stables. She offered her friend a wave, earning one in return. Gus led the horse he was supervising back into the stables, putting the animal back inside the stable.

Arabella jumped as she felt a presence beside her. Turning to her side, she realized Niklaus had maintained a stride beside her. "Good afternoon Mr. Mikaelson."

"Good afternoon to you as well,"

"Are you enjoying your stay?"

"I am. Your estate is quite lovely."

Arabella stopped walking, moving her basket from the crook of her arm to be held in her hands. "My stepmother told me that your old home burnt down, I offer you my condolences."

Niklaus sighed, his eyes averting to the ground before darting back to Arabella's kind face, "Thank you for your kind words," The man paused before running his hand over his face, fighting a battle in his head. He seemed to decide something, looking back to Arabella, "May I ask you something?"

"Of course,"

"Who is the cause of the bruises that tatter your skin?"

Arabella's blood ran cold, her reaction was indeed clear, sweat immediately began to form under the intense stare Niklaus gave her. Arabella chuckled, hoping to get Niklaus to believe the lie she had rehearsed to perfection, "I have proven to be quite clumsy."

Niklaus scoffed, as a victim of abuse himself, he was all too familiar with the rehearsal of answers, almost like it was a script. He kicked the rocks that lay under his feet, "I know that lie too well."

"I am offended that you believe I am lying,"

Niklaus grabbed onto Arabella's arm as the girl attempted to flee, "I do not mean to insult you. My father was a man who often chose to use his fists rather than his words, I have the purest intentions Ms."

"I fear that I am unable to have this conversation with you Mr. Mikaelson, please excuse me."

Arabella's breath increased rapidly as she walked away from Niklaus, practically sprinting back into her home. The second she was inside the doors, Cora had grabbed onto her arm, a harsh glare set in place.

"Good afternoon Cora,"

Cora made no attempt to talk to the girl, instead, she slammed her hand against Arabella's face. Only after a few hits was she satisfied and willing to speak. "Niklaus is a valid suitor for one of your sisters. I will not have you interfering with their futures under any circumstances. A man of his authority would never crave a girl as feeble as you."