𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆
━━━━

   The Mikaelsons lingered at the Smith property for a few weeks, growing close with the family

The Mikaelsons lingered at the Smith property for a few weeks, growing close with the family. Niklaus spent lots of his time in the stables tending to the horses with Gus. Elijah was often found with Lottie, mesmerizing the girl with the stories of his travels. Rebekah enjoyed spending time in the shops in town or conversing with Arabella. Rebekah had finally found a friend after so many years of depending solely on her siblings.

It pained Arabella when the day came that the Mikaelson family disclosed that they would be departing in a few day's time. Arabella was crushed, not only had she found a friend within the siblings, but Cora hadn't been as violent with her. Although Arabella was sad to see the family leave, she was excited for them to travel the world some more. She hoped Rebekah would finally find the love she so desperately desired and deserved more than anything.

Arabella smiled as she halted in the garden, reminiscing about the remembrances she had created with the family. She had spent most of the day obtaining farewell blessings for the siblings. She had gone into town and got some of the finest paints she could get her hands on for Niklaus. For Elijah she had gotten some of his favorite novels, slipping a small piece of paper with a sentimental note inside them all. Arabella had made Rebekah an elegant gown, along with a few letters that she wrote for Rebekah to open on various occasions.

Arabella bent down, attaining her basket that she had placed on the grass. She positioned the handful of flowers inside the basket that already had a small cluster of vegetables. Making her way inside the home, Arabella stopped in the kitchen, watching as the woman worked about, preparing a meal for Cora. Arabella removed the vegetables, setting down on the table. She then grabbed a single flower for each woman, handing them out to everyone in the kitchen. Receiving hugs in return, Arabella swiftly left the kitchen, quickly making her way upstairs.

She had a decent amount of flowers left, making it possible for her to tie them in a bouquet using a small piece of string. Arabella pulled Rebekah's dress from her wardrobe, sewing on any last details she deemed fit. Working till her fingers ached and she was satisfied, an hour had passed. A small knock was heard at her door, causing Arabella to rush to hide the dress in fear that Rebekah was concealed behind the door. Arabella pulled the door open, revealing Niklaus standing there. Arabella moved aside, allowing him inside of her bedroom.

Niklaus glanced around the room sadly, taking notice to the small room that contrasted heavily to the elegance the other rooms had. There was little furniture, the room quite dim from the lack of windows.

"May I help you Niklaus?" Arabella clasped her hands in front of her, swaying on feet slightly.

"I wanted to speak for you before we leave," Niklaus' fingers trailed over the diary on Arabella's desk. "I believe it to be in your best interest that you join us for our travels."

Arabella's hands moved up to caress her arms, "We have communicated on this before Niklaus, I cannot abandon my family's home to travel."

"If you stay here your stepmother will continue to lay her hands on you,"

"I know," Arabella sighed, taking a seat at her desk and running her hand across her face in frustration. "I truly believe that you and your siblings have genuine intentions when offering for me to join you but I cannot leave my home behind. I am almost of age and when that day comes, I will receive what belongs to me."

"If we agree to leave you behind, you must promise me one thing,"

"And that is?"

"That you keep in contact. When we arrive somewhere new, I will send someone with a letter. You must write back to us."

"That is something I can come to terms with."

━━━━

Arabella watched as the carriage became smaller and smaller as it disappeared into the distance. After giving them their gifts and wishing them farewell, the Mikaelson family had made their departure. Arabella could only hope that they would not suffer the same dreadful fate that her father had. Lottie was a mess, crying to Arabella about how much she would miss the tales of the family's adventures. Fannie was unbothered that they had left, only showing annoyance that neither brother had shown interest in her. Cora was livid, she believed that either Niklaus or Elijah would be a perfect match for Fannie and Lottie, and yet they left without a second glance to her daughters. Although it was out of Arabella's control, Cora ultimately found a way to blame the girl.

Cora's hand wrapped tightly around Arabella's neck, tightening as her glare hardened. "You are you blame for your sisters' lack of suitors."

Arabella gasped beneath Cora's grip, her airways cut off as Cora's nail dug into the delicate skin on her neck, no doubt leaving a mark. Finally able to make out words, Arabella gasped out, "I had nothing to do in the matter."

Cora tilted her head, analyzing her stepdaughter as she maintained her grip on the girl. Finally, Cora removed her hand from Arabella's neck, using the same hand to strike her across the face. Arabella let out a small huff, not expecting the impact. Tears pooled in the teen's eyes, but she didn't dare let them fall. Cora quirked an eyebrow, feeding off of the teen's sadness. With a small smirk, Cora turned around, heading back inside of the home with Fannie trailing behind her. Lottie was quick to be at Arabella's side, checking the girl over for any major injuries.

Once it was clear that the only physical damages were some bruising, the girls began to head back inside. The two were stopped when a carriage began to come up the path to the home. A man jumped out, a letter in hand. The girls shared a look as the boy jogged over to them.

"The Salvatore's hope that you can join them for a night of celebration." And with those words, the boy ran back to the carriage, making sure that he left the envelope in Lottie's hands.

Lottie opened the letter carefully reading the contents of the letter to Arabella, "Giuseppe Salvatore invites you to a ball in celebration of his eldest son Damon Salvatore."

━━━━

Word count: 1112

I do not own The Vampire Diaries.
All rights go to Julie Plec and Warner
Bro's. I only own any original
plot and characters.