𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
━━━━

   Arabella had made it home just before the clock struck twelve

Arabella had made it home just before the clock struck twelve. Throwing on her nightgown, she prepared Cora's tea. The girl grabbed the cup of tea in her hands and made way to the foyer, awaiting their return. The sound of a carriage approaching the home caused her to straighten her back and rid her face of any facial expression.

Cora came walking into the home first, "I am pleased to see you did what I asked of you." The woman strolled over to Arabella, taking the teacup from her hands. She raised one hand, patting Arabella on the cheek, "I am off to sleep. I expect my breakfast in the morning as usual."

Arabella made no attempt to speak, instead just nodding. Fannie and Lottie came into the home at the same time, arguing amongst themselves. Fannie groaned, stomping away and heading upstairs. Lottie rolled her eyes and came walking over to Arabella, "Why was I given such a wretched sister?"

"Lottie, you mustn't speak such a way of your own sister."

Lottie narrowed her eyes at Arabella. "Why must you always be so kind? My sister torments you and her you still refuse to let me speak of her in a negative way."

Arabella shrugged, "Something I got from my parents I presume."

Lottie's eyes scanned over Arabella, a curious look bestowed in them as she gazed at Arabella's neck, "Ella, where is your necklace?"

Arabella's brows furrowed as her hand trailed up to her neck. She pressed the palm of her hand flat against the skin. Chills ran through her body as she realized something, her mother's necklace was no longer clasped on her neck.

━━━━

Stefan sat in his father's study, holding Arabella's necklace between his hands. His fingers moved gently as they toyed with the chain. He could so vividly remember the girl who wore the necklace, her grace, and beauty embedded deep within his mind. He recalled how lively she was, how bright and enchanting her presence was. He had never met a girl so willing to let loose and enjoy life. It was something so new yet addictive.

Giuseppe Salvatore came striding into his study, surprised to find his youngest son already occupying the room. "Son, may I help you with something?"

Stefan stood up from the chair he was seated in, clasping his hands behind his back. "I wanted to ask you if there was a guest list from our celebration last night?"

Giuseppe pursed his lips as he took a seat at his desk, "Unfortunately not, I sent out invitations to the whole town and some families of neighboring towns."