𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

━━━━
𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏
━━━━

     Arabella had caught Stefan's attention the moment that she had walked in

Arabella had caught Stefan's attention the moment that she had walked in. With her hair falling over her shoulders in ringlets, some pieces pulled back and pinned in the back to further display her face. Something about her was so warm, so inviting. Stefan watched her until he could muster up the confidence to ask for a dance. As he led her to the dance floor, his arms became scattered with goosebumps.

After he bowed at her, he made eye contact, "Forgive me, I don't believe I got your name."

"My friends call me Ella,"

Stefan smiled as the name rolled off the woman's tongue, Ella. The name reminded him of a fairytale his mother often read to him as a child, Cinderella. "Do you live in town?"

"The outskirts yes, on my father's property," Arabella smiled through her pain, a habit that she had grown to be very skillful of. Her father was one of her best friends and talking about him often reopened wounds.

Stefan immediately noticed a small amount of color drain from her cheeks, a look bestowed within her eyes was one he knew well himself, "I apologize for the loss of your father,"

"How could you tell that I had lost him?"

"When I lost my mother I too tried to cover my pain with a smile. I could see it deep within your eyes."

Arabella sighed, "I wish to say sorry for dampening the mood,"

Stefan shook his head, continuing to sway with Arabella across the dance floor, "I appreciate you being vulnerable and honest. Many women I speak to uphold a persona. If you don't mind me asking, who is your father's estate going to?"

"Me, when I am of age of course."

"You will?"

Arabella chuckled beneath her breathe, "You sound surprised,"

"It is not every day that you hear about a woman owning property of her own."

"I hope you do not mean that I am not capable of maintaining land solely because I am a woman,"

Stefan's eyes broadened, understanding how he was coming across. "Of course not, I find it admirable. Women are not given the credit that they deserve."

Arabella stared at Stefan for a few seconds, surprised herself that he had such views about women. It was not often that she found a man with such ideas. "You are indeed a rare find in a town like this."