Chapter 3: an opportunity comes a knocking

"So, what now?"

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Tim took a moment then pulled out his cellphone.

"Hey, Alfred? You know the field trip class from Paris? I have a student in the Airport that her classmates left her. It's Marinette Dupain Cheng. Yes, the one that wrote the essay. The fashion designer?" he paused from the call. "You're a fashion designer?" she giggled

"Yes, MDC I'm not that popular, but-"

"HOLY CRAP YOU'RE MDC?" he returned to the phone call. "So, what do I do? Bring her to Wayne Enterprises? Let Bruce-? ok. Thanks Alfred." he put his phone away. "Mari, we are going to Wayne Enterprises to let Bruce fix this. Im truly sorry about this whole thing. If it were up to me, you would just stay in the manor." she giggled.

"It's ok Tim. This isn't the first time something like this happeed anyways. Where's-" she dug around in her bag. "Where's my phone? I swear to god if Lila-" She turned to Tim. "Can I borrow the find my iphone app or whatever you American's call it?" he nodded and handed her the phone. She logged into Apple ID and searched for her phone. "It says my phone is at the Hotel Calinte. Wait, that's the one on Crime Alley! What the hell were they thinking? I specifically warned them NOT to got there!" she started rambling until Tim stopped her.

"Hey, Marinette, we'll get you there, I promise and in a safer hotel. She nodded and he pointed to the doors. "Alfred will give us a ride across town and we'll get you to Bruce first. I promise this whole thing will be sorted out." He led her outside to a car, and she loaded her luggage into the trunk. "Alfred, this is Marinette." she smiled and waved at the old man and he returned it.

"So Miss Marinette, I trust Master Tim hasn't gotten you into too much trouble." she giggled and shook her head. About ten minutes later, they pulled up to Wayne Enterprises. The bright tall building, loomed over the dark ones. Marinette turned to the man.

"Thank you very much Alfred." he smiled and closed the window and they headed in. They walked into the doors and up to reception.

"Hi Amber. I have to take Miss Marinette here up to see Brucie." She took off her glasses.

"Another Wayne child? He's adopting them from everywhere. Where are you from kiddo?" Marinette smiled kindly at the woman.

"I'm from Paris, I'm actually on a field trip with my class." Amber looked around and raised an eyebrow.

"Where are they sweetheart?" Marinette looked down and shuffled her feet.

"I don't really know to be honest. Tim found me at the airport." Amber gave her a sad smile.

"Well I'm Glad Mr. Drake found you. Hurry up now. The boss only has 45 minutes until he has to go to a meeting just go up the elevator and the last door in the hallway." she smiled and nodded.

"Thank you Ma'am. Have a nice day!" Marinette skipped off to the elevator and popped in, just before the doors shut. Tim turned to Amber.

"She really is the Sunshine girl of Gotham isn't she?" Tim chuckled and headed down to his office.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

"Excuse me sir, I'm sorry." she grabbed the papers in the elevator that she knocked over before she could even exit.

"It's ok little girlie. Be careful here." he smirked and got off on his floor. Huh, weird. She thought, then her floor dinged. She exited the elevator and headed down the long hallway. Her gaze fell on a plaque that had 'Bruce Wayne' on the front. She opened the door and saw light. Ceiling to floor windows served as a wall behin him in the large room. He looked at her and smiled.