The Photo, Part:2

"Damian, will you open the door? It's just a damn photo." Marinette was knocking on the door to the library. She needed to work on a project. He opened the door, hair disheveled.

"It's not that simple. Father is inviting EVERYBODY to the house tonight, and if one of them has seen it, which they have already forwarded to everyone at this point, then EVERYONE has seen it." he sat down on the chair and ran a hand through his hair. Marinette rolled her eyes with a smile.

"You are so dramatic. It's not that big of a deal. So what? You made a new friend? That's a good thing!" Damian paled and facepalmed.

"Marinette, as for the dramatics, you are one to speak. But me making new friends? Is so rare Kent basically forced me to join a group. Me willing to be friends with someone does not ever happen to be honest. Everyone ususally just grows on me." his hair stuck up in many places, as he brushed it all out by nervously messing with it. "Also Kyle and Brown are coming. That just makes things ten times worse!" he snapped and leant back in the chair. Alfred the cat hopped up on his lap and snuggled up to his hand. A small smile formed on Damian's face as he scratched his ears. A camera shutter went off as Marinette held her phone up with a hand over her mouth, and cursed.

"D-Dupain Cheng? What the bloody hell!" his face went crimson and he stopped petting the cat. Alfred shoved his head under Damian's hand and demanded pets. When Damian stopped paying attention to him, the cat hopped off his lap, in annoyance, and made himself comfortable on the chair. Damian was still staring at the bluenette.

"Sorry, you just looked so-" she slapped a hand over her mouth. "Yeah ok keep your mouth shut, yep, ok no killing for now, yeah probably a bad idea." she muttered. Damian gave her a strange look.

"I looked so what? I've probably heard worse than what you will say, due to father's paparazzi." She blinked, and her face heated up.

"What? No! N-Nothing like that! I was just going to say you looked peaceful." She stammered, and sat down on the chair across from him.

"So what's the plan?" he asked, legs crossed, and head resting on hand. Marinette felt a wave of Déjà vu, remembering Bruce sitting the same way in his office. She chuckled.

"Wait, we need a plan? It's just dinner." He let out a forced laugh and messed with his hair again. Marinette desperately either wanted to take a picture, to annoy him, or fix it. She let the feeling aside.

"You have met my family, correct? I believe they assume we are dating." She froze and felt a cold wave of old memories rush over her. She blinked and they were gone.

"They believe we are dating?" her voice was quiet, her face, unreadable. Damian sighed in annoyance.

"I'm really sorry about this, I don't know how to explain that we are just friends." Marinette's eye twitched.

"We are just friends."

"Just friends."

"She's just a friend."

"Hey! Wake up!" he snapped a hand in front of her face and she glared at him.

"Jesus. Would it kill you to just tap me on the shoulder or something? My god Damian." he rolled his eyes and sank back into the chair.

"I just don't know what to do for once. I don't have experience for this type of thing." she knit her eyebrows.

"What type of thing? Nevermind that. Wait." a smirk appeared on her lips. "What if we were to-"

"No."

"You didn't know what I was even going to say!"

"I see the evil face. No." she pouted. "Stop that, you look like a child." he quickly looked at the wall behind her, focusing on one of the portraits.