Chapter 9: A Rude Awakening

When she woke up, it was noon. She looked over at the clock and yawned. Her head was pounding. Se ran to the bathroom and jumped in the shower. Only then, did she realize that she didn't have any towels in the bathroom. She had a robe though. She looked down t her midsection and notied it was arrayed in black and blue. Grumbling, she hopped out of the shower with her hair drenched. I must have gotten wasted last night. she thought, throwing on a hoodie and a pair of jeans. She slid downstairs and saw Damian, Jason and Cass at the table. Damian glared at her when she sat down.

"You know, you could tell me the issue you have with me instead of glaring holes in my head." Jason snorted and turned to Cassandra. Damian rolled his eyes and slid an asprin across the table. She rose an eyebrow, but took it gratefully. He whispered harshly to her.

"My issue Dupain Cheng," he started, "was that you jumped out your window, got wasted, and got in a street fight. Also, you outed your identity to me last night." he crossed his arms and her gaze was serious. She walked across the table, grabbed his arm, and pulled him into the hallway. She pushed him up against the wall, and held her forearm at his throat. Or tried to. He scoffed. "You are obnoxiously short." she kicked him in the shin and tightened her grip on his collar.

"What EXACTLY did I tell you last night? How the fuck did you know of my rendevous, and What the fuck do you want from me?" he rolled his eyes and lowered her arm.

"For starters, you told me you were multimouse, Ladybug, and the Guardian. You also said some," he looked up in thought then his cheeks flushed, "Other things... that don't matter at the moment. I knew of your sneak out because you walked in drunker than Todd, and were acting seriously stupid. You have bruises all across your stomach and you took far to many advil. You also puked about four times. The only thing I want from you, is A.) to know where the hell you managed to get 4 bottles of Vodka, and B.) Why you drank so much." she crossed her arms.

"I don't have to tell you anything you pretentious asshole." he laughed coldly.

"You better start talking or the rest of the house will know exactly what happened last night. You're getting an out card by just telling me, and I suggest you take it. Todd and Grayson already saw what happened, as they walked in on us, but they keep their mouths shut." She stared at him, incredilous, then smirked.

"fine, just know that you asked for it, literally. I'll tell you when I know nobody is EAVESDROPPING." she peered her head over the corner and glared daggers at Jason and Dick and they ran away." Damian sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Back to the story." Damian leant against the wall. She shook her head.

"Not now. Later." He nodded and went back in the dining room. He turned around.

"And for the record, you told me about your," he paused for a second, "Interest you have in me. After everything you said last night, you need to know that the feeling is mutual." He scowled and headed back to the kitchen.

"Hey Tikki? I know you are not talking to me right now, and I get you're mad, but what did I tell Damian?" Tikki giggled and flew upstairs. "HEY." the little kwami dissapeared. Mari rolled her eyes and grabbed a cup of coffee from the kitchen. Tim was on his laptop and had a 2 cups next to him.

"Hey, Bruce said today we will meet up with your teacher to sort out your living arrangments then you can stay with us. I'm here because I have to take you there in about an hour, is that ok?" she nodded and threw back another cup then ran upstairs. She ran into her room and grabbed her phone. She had six missed calls from Sabine and three from Tom. Jagged also called a few times. She groaned and chucked her phone across the bedroom and out the door.

"You really should call them back." Damian walked in. She glared at him.

"And you really should knock." he rolled his eyes and tossed her phone back.

"Father said I'm going with you and Drake to the office today and I have something to take care of as well. Also your phone is ringing." she looked at her hand and sighed before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Marinette, I thought you were hurt!" She paled and threw her head back in frustration. Damian cackled. "Marinette, is someone there? Put me on FaceTime." Marinette clenched her jaw and turned the camera torward Damian who shot her a glare. Marinette smirked.

"This is Damian. He actually has a soul surprisingly. He only threatened to kill me three times today, so I don't think he hates me." Damian rolled his eyes and Sabine laughed.

"Hello Damian, tell me. How much trouble did she get into already?" Marinette went red while Damian snickered.

"Well Miss, she already-" Marinette turned the phone away.

"Ok, well I'll call you back later. Love you! Bye!" she quickly hung up to Sabine and Damian laughing. She crossed her arms. "Wow, you laugh? I never would have guessed." Damian scowled at her.

"Well, just be glad I didn't tell her of your issue." She raised her eyebrows.

"What is with you and blackmail? Besides, I don't have an issue." he looked at her incredulous.

"You stumbled into the fourth story window, drunker than Todd on the Fourth of July, and you should be dead for the amount you consumed. If you were dead in the bed today, I would have said something." She clenched her fist.

"I'm FINE now fuck off and goodbye." she tried to push him out the door but he grabbed her hand.

"You never answered the question that I asked earlier. What made you drink so much?" she rolled her eyes and packed a backpack.

"I dunno, just personal stuff and it eeps me from going over the edge sometimes." Damian pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Drinking only amplifies your emotions. Did your parents teach you anything growing up?" Marinette scoffed.

"They're dead." Damian knit his eyebrows.

"So who was the woman on the phone?" Marinette took a deep, annoyed breath.

"My Aunt Sabine. Clearly, if you read my file, you would know this." He shrugged.

"Didn't seem important at the time." Marinette whipped her head around.

"Excuse me?" Damian tilted his head.

"What? You said they were dead, so not important." She dropped her jaw and punched him in the gut. Hard. His eyes widened as he tried to absorb the blow and he fell to the floor.

"JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE DEAD DOES NOT MEAN YOU COULD SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT YOU DICK." loud stumbles came up and Dick peeked his head in.

"You called? Wait- what happened?" Marinette glared at the boy and grabbed her bag.

"I didn't call you, I called him a Dick. I gotta go find Tim. I have another stupid issue to solve." she stomped out of the room and Dick helped Damian up.

"What the hell did you do? She can be a real sweetheart you know." Damian rolled his eyes.

"All I said was that her dead parents didn't seem important at the time because they were, well, dead." Dick rubbed his forehead.

"I would have punched you too. You don't say that." Damian crossed his arms.

"I say whatever the fuck I want. She HIT me!" Dick scoffed.

"You deserved it babybat. Now hurry up and get ready. Bruce is expecting you all." Damian scowled and shuffled downstairs. Dick chuckled to himself.

"Those kids are in for it." Jason's voice rang out through the hallways.

"WHO REPLACED ALL MY GUNS WITH WATERGUNS?!?! DICK!!!!"

"shit."