Chapter 22: Feelings, the curse, and Dick showing off his-

He sighed with his arms crossed and sat down next to her on the concrete steps.

"What's wrong?" his voice was very monotoned, not knowing what to do. She glared at him.

"You're fucking kidding me, right?" he shook his head and rested his arms on his knees. She grumbled and slapped a hand on her forehead.

"No, I rarely kid. Is this about the," he looked behind him at the door, "Ladybug buisness?" she snorted.

"Yeah, I guess you can say that. It just ticks me off, you know?" he shrugged.

"I understand to a fault. You know, sometimes with work, Father and his..... board members... hover over my team so much they are breathing down our necks because apparently 'we are too impulsive and we make stupid decisions and can't do anything right', but when we ask for help, to try to do better, 'you kids should know what you are doing. We are too busy with something else' and it just annoys me so much." Marinette perked up a little.

"Can I meet your team?" Damian's eye twitched and he inhaled deeply.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. You met Jon, he is a part of a different... team I work with. It's actually just he and I." Marinette tilted her head.

"And the others?" Damian looked up at the sky.

"Well, they are a little crazy for my taste, but I get along with them somehow." Marinette smirked.

"I like crazy." Damian shot a glare at her.

"No. You are never meeting them now." She gave him puppy dog eyes.

"Why not? I thought you liked me Dami!" he crossed his arms.

"That's why you are not meeting them. I'd rather have you fully intact thank you very much!" she got a sly look on her face.

"So you do like me?" Damian rolled his eyes and stood up.

"Nope, we are not doing this."

"Oh COME ON!" she protested, grabbing his arm. "I already told you how I feel! Now this is unfair!" he looked back at the small bluenette. She had a pout and her cheeks were dusted pink. He looked across the yard in annoyance.

"Stop pouting, you look like a child, and the world isn't fair." She rolled her eyes.

"I'm dead serious Damian." he looked down once more and freaked out on the inside.

"D-dead Sirus? How- how could you?" Marinette stomped her foot.

"Damian! Stop making Harry Potter references and LISTEN TO ME!" she was actually serious. He shifted on his feet.

"Marinette, I think you need to stand six feet away from me." he crossed his arms. She fumed.

"You're fucking kidding me. Damian, at the moment, WE LIVE IN THE SAME FUCKING HOUSE!" he smirked.

"Sorry but you traveled abroad. I don't want to catch any viruses. Gotham is bad enough since everyone refuses to wear masks." Marinette took a deep breath.

"Ok you know what? When you are ready to have a MATURE conversation with me, I'll speak to you. Otherwise, just leave me alone." She shuffled back inside and up to her room. Dick walked outside and over to his brother.

"Little D, I get that you are new to this, and you don't want to deal with confrontation, but that was-" Damian cut him off.

"No, I just don't want to talk about it now. Besides, she wanted to meet the Teen Titans! There is no way I can even allow that! She already thinks they work in another sector with my father!" Dick crossed his arms.