Chapter 12: Concussions and cats

Note: This chapter kinda sucks but the next one is better haha. I'll post them at the same time. It's a little short

Marinette took a glass of water then took in her surroundings.

"So you guys have a hospital in the Manor? Good to know." Alfred nodded.

"I have medical experience so it makes it easier on Master Bruce just to have an area here." Marinette knit her eyebrows.

"What if things get out of control and you need medical equipment that you cannot access here?" Damian rubbed his forehead.

"Then we go to the hospital. Pennyworth, where is Titus? I have not seen him in quite some time." Alfred pursed his lips.

"Master Damian, you are in the Medical ward. You know that your pets may not accompany you in here. They cause too much of a..... distraction." Damian nodded and turned to Marinette.

"Would you like to meet Titus? I promise he only bites if he wants to." Marinette gave him a look.

"Why did you say it like that?" When they walked out of the doors, Titus was laying with his head down on the ground. He jumped up when he saw Damian. He tackled him and the boy laughed.

"Titus, this is Marinette. She's...... ok I guess." Titus carefully treaded up to her and she covered him in cuddles.

"Who's a good boy? Are you a good boy? Are you?" she scratched him all over and Damian was shocked. Titus didn't normally warm up to people that fast. He turned to look in one of the mirrors and did a double take. His face was red. He scowled and pulled his hood up.

"Titus, where is Alfred the cat?" the dog froze for a moment then ran into the kitchen. The cat was on the island trying to take food from Jason.

"Will you scram you little shit? Stop meowing at me and let me EAT MY GODDAMN DORRITOS IN PEACE. DAMIAN GET YOUR FEROCIOUS FELINE OUT OF MY SIGHT." Damian glared at the man.

"I would like to request that you do not treat my pets as such. Be grateful I didn't cut your tongue out." Jason rolled his eyes and crumpled up the bag. He looked over at the bluenette.

"Hey pixie, what's with the face?" Damian turned to her and she was pale.

"What the actual FUCK IS THAT THING?" she pointed at the cat. Damian gave her a look.

"That's my cat..." she looked at Damian horrified.

"CATS DON'T HAVE EIGHT LEGS!" Jason laughed.

"Little lady, while that cat may be a bitch, it's sadly normal. I think you may have a concussion though." Jason closed his book and headed out of the room. Damian sat her down in a chair.

"Marinette, follow my finger with your eyes." He moved his finger around and knit his eyebrows. "Ok, I think you need to go see Pennyworth again. It's my fault that you didn't get checked up on. Do you think you hit your head on the ground when you fell?" while he kept asking her questions, she heard all of his words blur together. She held a hand up.

"I'm fine, I think I'm just tired." he gave her a look.

"You just woke up." She shrugged.

"My head is pounding." she gripped the counter harder and Damian heard a faint crack. But he couldn't tell whether it was her knuckles or the counter. Maybe both.

"I don't feel anything, I usually feel your pain. Who knows, maybe it's just my high pain tolerance." he boasted, trying to make her laugh. "Ok, jokes aside, I think I should take you to go see Pennyworth again."

"Can I just go to my room? It's probably nothing." he sighed

"Ok, let me help you upstairs." He reached out a hand. She ignored it.

"I can do it myself. Thanks though." he nodded and watched her steady herself.

"Yeah, you're not fine. If you don't take my arm, I'll sling you over my shoulder. Come on." She took his arm and gripped it, hard. "Jesus. You have a strong grip. Did anyone ever tell you that?" She smiled wickedly

"Only the ones I choked to death." he gave her a look then laughed.

"Well that sounds interesting. How many is that?" her face lost all expression.

"thirteen." he stopped walking.

"That's oddly specific..." she kept going.

"Who said I was joking?" he knit his eyebrows.

"When was the last time you- ok, nevermind." she laughed.

"Good thing you dropped that. Now, was Bruce serious about the scholarship?" Damian paused in thought.

"I believe so. How much would it cost to go there?"

"Well, it's apparently the school you go to. It has a great fashion program. It costs about the same as college." he sighed, relieved.

"Oh, that's not a lot." she gave him a look.

"You know some middle aged people are still paying off their student loans? This is a big deal Damian." he shrugged.

"I thought it was like a couple million dollars. Still not too expensive."

"Ok, you and I have different ideas of expensive. Very different. Besides, I should have enough saved up to pay it off. Next time you see him can you tell him that I am paying him back? Within the week?" he gave her a look.

"I think the point of Father paying for your education is so that you can use the money you have to put it forth on the other aspects of your life."

"Well, I prefer to pay for it myself. Don't you think you would work harder for something if you pay for it yourself?"

"No, I just have standards." she rolled her eyes.

"I wouldn't call that standards, I would just call you a brat." he scowled and she poked him in the face.

"You know, while you do look handsome when you scowl, you look cuter with the rare smile I never see." she ran ahead in the hallway and closed her door. He huffed and pulled his hood even further on his face.

"Damn it."

*******************************************************************************************************************************

"Master Bruce, what do you think made them pass out? For the other to pass out, the first must have had something traumatic happen at the time." Bruce scratched his chin.

"I told Marinette that I would pay for her school tuition from here on out and she was out. Tim dragged Damian into my office and he was also out for the same amount of time." Alfred rubbed his forehead.

"Master Bruce, Miss Marinette did not grow up poor, but she did not have the same upbringing you have. And with what Master Timothy told me, he said that she makes her own money with her buisness. She's most likely going to try to pay you back." Bruce scoffed.

"Let her try. She deserves this at the least, from what she told me happened. Her story adds up." Alfred stood up from the table and grabbed his book.

"I would hope so sir. Will you be joining us for dinner? You should get to know her. She is quite a nice young lady." Bruce waved a hand.

"Alfred, I'm sure in years to come, I will get to know her greatly. Have you noticed anything different about Damian?" the old man smiled.

"He seems to be less..... angered." Bruce smiled.

"I'm glad. Though he seems more irritated." Alfred scoffed.

"Since when is he not?" and with that he left the room on a good note.