The Chilton Letter

"Mom, Rory Im home!" I push open the door and walk into the living room to see both of them staring at me. Rory holds out a letter.

"What is it..."

"Its from Chilton!" Rory blurts out.

"OMG you got in!"

"I did!" We grab each other's shoulders and jump up and down squealing.

"Aaaaaaaaaaa!" Lorelai starts jumping with us

"Did mine come" a smile beaming on my face. I'm excited to get the life every tells me to go for. To finally be what my mother could have been. But my excitement to be more then the small town I dwell in, is turned grey when my mother says it hasn't come. My smile disappears and I look to the ground, "Oh."

"Aww kid that doesn't mean you won't get in. Letters always get lost in the mail or mabey they are still getting to yours."

"Yeah your right." I put on a grin for my mom and side hug my sister to make sure she feels the love too.

"Enough messing around! We have two future Chilton students on our hands! This calls for a celebration! tonight we dine like champions!"

"To Luke's!" I say marching after my mother and Rory out the door.

****pov switch to 3rd****

"Luke!"

"Victoria." A gruff voice mumbles at the girl.

"Wow someone's in a funk"

"When is he not?" Lorelai chimes in

"What can I get the three most annoying girls in Stars Hollow?"

"Hmmmm... let me see how about a big pot of good luck Rory at Chilton coffee." Lorelai says

"Oh My God Rory you got in!" His attitude changes from funk to high spirts. He has only ever heard her dream about Chilton like a billon times. He smiles at her for a minute before checking a glimps of Victoria's half smile. "And you?"

"Um I haven't gotten mine yet." Victoria says with a sad grin

"But there's still time you can get yours any day now. You know the post office is always messing up." He try's to cheer the girl up with optimism but just like her he only has so much. As he looks over to talk with Rory and Lorelai about Chilton he can't help but see the sad in Vics eyes as they talk about how fun it will be and how now Rory is a shoe in for Harvard. His heart breaks knowing that this girl who try's with everything could start to think her everything is not enough compared to her sisters book smarts.

"Hey mom I'm actually not that hungry. Do you mind if I head home. I'm really tired from dance."

"If you want to that's fine, but..." her mother's words are cut off by the diner door closing.

Victoria takes the short walk home slowly bringing in every detail. Chilton wasn't her deepest desire but she just wanted to be 'that girl' for once. That girl who gets straight A's. That girl who can fulfill her mother's dream of getting into a good collage. That girl who everybody would know as herself and not just the shadow of a sister or clone of her mother.

As she arrived to her driveway the mail man came by. He was just putting a letter in her mailbox as she walked up to him. He handed her the papers;

"Sorry this is late. It was taken to the wrong address."

"That's fine. Thank you." Her mind is zeroed in on the letter and didn't even notice she said "I love you" to the mailman as he left. Her eyes where glued to the letter in her hands. This letter could determine her life for the next, ever, she thought. She slowly opened the envelope her fingers eager to pull it out but her eyes frighted to read the words. Carefully she grabbed the letter and traced to words done the page with her index finger.