A Grandparent's Dissapointment

"Rory what are you wearing tonight?" I say loudly to Rory from my room

"Umm.. a skirt I think." She response from her closet

"More specific please Rory!"

"The black one with black leggings and the blue sweater."

"Mom can I wear sneakers?"

"Absolutely not. This is the Emily Gilmore we are not visiting the Queen of England!"

"This?" I walk out of my room to the living room showing my mom a short skirt and a long sleeve.

"No."

"Why?"

"Lorelai you let your girl go around wearing a skirt like that? Do you want her to get pregnant to?" She says mimicking Emily's voice.

"I'll put on a longer skirt but I'm not changing my outfit one more time."

"Alright but it's your school money your risking."

"Big risk." I mumble to myself

"What?" Lorelai says

"Never mind."

<time switch.>
I didn't get into Chilton, but here I am standing outside with my mother and sister waiting to knock on the door so we can have dinner with my grandparents about Chilton. This should be interesting.

"Do we have to."

"Yes T we do." Rory replies

"But I mean do we?" Lorelei's chimes in just before Rory knocks on the door. That girl is seriously whacked.

The door is opened by the maid who doesn't seem to understand what we are saying but is very eager to take our jackets. A few moments later we are greeted by Emily and Richard. They say hi to Rory and Emily admires the sweater she has on. Before getting to me Emily looks me up and down then gives me a weak hug. Richard on the other hand could not careless about my outfit, he has always been my favorite out of the two. We are invited to sit down in the living room. There is a couch occupied by the pair, a love seat, and a fabric chair. Rory and Lorelai make there way to the love seat. I attempt to squeeze in before giving up and moving to the chair.

"Drinks anyone?" Emily asks after no one has said a word in about twenty minutes.

"Soda please." Rory says

"Gin martini." Then answers Lorelai

I had zoned out before I heard my name called.

"And you Victoria?"

"Hmm?" I say asking again

"For heavens sake speak up. What would you like to drink?"

"A scotch on the rocks, shaken not stirred." My 007 accent is only received by a sharp look from Emily and conceded eyes from Richard. "Wow tough crowd. I'll just have a soda please." Emily rolls her eyes before getting the drinks.

Awkward silence fills the room as drinks are given out. It then continues as we slowly sip our drinks in silence.

"Chilton is a very fine school. You are both very lucky to be attending." Richard points out

"Who knew you could do it Lorelai." Emily throws in

"Excuse me?"

"I mean you didn't even graduate high school. And here you are with two bright girls."

"You know mom I'm not going to get into it right now, ok."

"I just think it's funny..." Thankfully Emily is cut off by the maid informing us that dinner is ready and we should take our seats. We stand up and  are lead to a large dinning room with a table built for ten. Richard and Emily sit at opposite ends and then Rory on one side followed by my mother and me on the other.