Last girl standing

The first day of school without Rory had come. She left earlier then me for school which meant I barely saw her in the morning. So instead of walking with her I meet up with Lane. We aren't the best of friends but it will have to do because Rory is gone with the wind. On the way to school we talk about the latest albums and how Romeo and Juliet is way to long for weekend homework.

As we make it to school lane starts to quick change her outfit. She goes from friendly neighborhood Korean, to rockstar in a second. The bell rings and we go our separate ways.
As I walk to class whispers start to fill the halls.  I see people stare then turn to there friends, hands over there mouths. This continues through the period and it's not until second period that I meet up with a friendly face.

"The first day without his Queen what's lover-boy to do?" A shocked tone coming out of my mouth.

"Hey T."

"How you doin." I say in a New Jersey accent.

"What?"

"Joey tribi... oh never mind" I give up as his face becomes more confused. "Do you have plans for lunch today?"

"Umm no. Why?"

"I would sit with Rory but she's gone and Lane will probably sit with the band nerds and sense you are mabey my friend I thought I could sit with you? That and you don't have any other friends."  He looks at me through squinted eyes. "Ok then name one." He stumbles with his words. "That's what I thought." We start laughing as the bell rings and we leave again down the halls of high school.

I went to Lukes after school where I met up with Rory and worked until five. A shorter shift then normal but Mondays are a bore and Luke is really pushing this Chilton thing. When I arrive home I do my homework as we order dinner and watch Casa Blanca for the seventh time this month.

The weeks goes by and nothing has changed except that Rory has way to much homework now so less tv time. It's Friday at four when I get ambushed at the dinner.

"Victoria" Lorelai says with a sing song voice as she busts into the building.

"Yeah? Speak up I'm at the grill."

"Why does Ceaser have you on grill?"

"He's home sick. What did you need?"

"Oh well get out here for just a second." I walk out of the Kitchen with plates up my arms.

"Luke! If I'm on grill your on serving!" I set the plates down on the counter as Lorelai takes a seat. "So what did you need?"

"Well..." she gives me a checky smile.

"Oh no."

"Grandma wants to talk to you about something so you need to come to dinner tonight or else I will get in trouble, Rory will get in trouble, and then we'll make your life awful and you dont want it to be awful so you have to come." She lets out a big breath before returning to her normal color.

"Why would she want to talk? Besides I'm busy cant you see the dinners full." I yell out for Luke one more time.

"Mabey she wants to apologize?" My mother shrugs as I roll my eyes.

"She would never."

"Mabey."

"It's crazy in here and I dont have anything to say to... Luke!" I shout as he enters the dinner. "Where were you? Iv been calling you for three minutes now!"

"I went to pick up more flour from the market."

"Oh. Well doesn't matter here." I take the flour and give him two plates for him to hand out.