Chilton Catastrophes

"Rory I still think it's way to early to be up for school."

"Well we wanna make a good impression."

"Ouch!" She burns my arm slightly with the curling iron as we bump past each other in the bathroom. "Is mom ever coming down?"

"She's not down yet?"

"I mean have u seen her this morning?"

"Oh no! We have to leave in ten minutes!" Rory runs up stairs as I finish putting up my tights and buttoning my skirt. When they come down they are both in a panic and my mother is dressed like a carnival just puked all over her.

"Mom..."

"Let's go T! I don't have anything else! We are going to be late!" I hope in the back of the Jeep. Rory always gets the front because I always have something to do. Today my shoes where on the wrong feet.

——

We pull into the schools drive way as a torture castle stands watching us. "Are those.."

"Gargoyles." Rory swallows hard. We walk into the building through the giant doors and make our way into the office. My mother received many harsh looks, no doubt from the way she is dressed. When we finally make it to head master Charleston's room we are more the surprised at Emily sitting at his desk.

"Mom?" Lorelai questions.

"Oh don't be dumb Lorelai I'm here to wish my granddaughters a wonderful first day."

"Yeah but mom you could have just called!"

"What are you wearing!"

"Lady's I'm sorry I have to interrupt but I'm afraid it is past visiting hours. I assure you that they will come back home at the end of the day." Charleston chimes in. The two of them leave after a hug for both of us, and we are left to sit in the room with the head master.

"So Rory, can I call you that?"

"Yes that's fine"

"I have heard many good things about you." They talk about her grades as I sit watching trough the window behind him wondering what I got myself into. I come back to when she soddenly stands to leave. I follow in suit before he asks me to sit down again. "Didn't think you would get off that easy did you?" He chuckles to himself so I do the same hoping that the joke was not at my expense. "You also have decent grades. Not quite as good as your sisters but I think we can fix that up."

"Umm thanks."

"I notice here it says you do dance?"

"Yes I take a few classes in my town with..."

"Yes well Chilton has a dance team mabey you would join? After all grades are not the only thing Chilton expects but also a well rounded student."

"I could certainly try out."

"Good, here is the form." He hands me a packet of about five pages. We talked about the school for some time. When I was finally let out of the room I was led to a secretary at with whom I filled out some extra paper work and got my schedule and map. First block: Mr Medina: English, room 101B.
I walk through the halls and reach the door just as the bell rang. "Thank God." I said under my breath. I reached to turn the handle just as it opened from the inside. A flood of students come out each more preppy then the last. A short girl with a pony tail looks me up and down and spits "oh joy another one" as she glared at me. The last to come out is a boy with messy blond hair quit taller then myself. He looks like someone I know but I can't seem to remember. But by the way we made eye contact as he walked by I think he thought the same. Our eyes are locked as he walks away only broken when a girl pulls him into a kiss just in front of the trash cans. "Cute".