Chapter 4.

★【That Way Goes the Game】★

You silently sat there thinking about how your grievous encounter with Black concluded with him apologizing.

How unlikely of him to have sympathy towards a mortal...

Did he perhaps knock his head somewhere in the timeline he got sucked into?

"It's not your fault for what happened to me in my childhood..." You quietly say, giving him a sideway glance.

He shifted his gaze to the ceiling.

"Mortals will always be ungrateful beings and they should perish."

"You're wrong, Black... The entire mortal race does not deserve to face that fate."
You exclaimed, your anger clearly starting to show.

Black simply sighed at your response.

Of course you would say that. You were a mortal after all.

But that was what Black refused to believe.

Such ethereal beauty could not belong to a mere mortal...”

He suddenly stood from his seat and looked down at your furious expression.

"Soon you will see this world the way I see it..." He said in a firm voice.

"I'll never become a monster like you, Black." You growl back at him.

"We're all monsters with good intentions, my dear." He stated and offered to help you up by holding his hand out in front of you with a crooked grin drawn across his face.

"Yet some are blinded by an obsession to kill the innocent." You bluntly add, pushing his hand away as you got to your feet on your own.

He yawned slightly as if he were already bored with this meaningless quarrel.

"Come now, time to sleep little mortal." He gestured for you to follow him.

"Sleep? But it's not even dark yet..." You complain in a childish tone.

"I didn't ask you if you wanted to sleep," He roughly pointed out.

"You will sleep now or I'll make it so you'll sleep forever. How does that sound, princess?"

You opened your mouth but only for no words to come out.

He has left you speechless once again. 

You shuddered a bit at the sardonic plans he had in mind for you.

So you were just a pawn in his dark and twisted game...

"Tch, that's what I thought..."

He escorted you into his room and smirked as he watched your eyes curiously flutter across the room, taking in the new scent and scenery.

To him you were more than the silly pawn.

You were the queen.

His queen.
_

The room was painted with the similar red and black shade you saw in the kitchen and living room. A king-sized bed centered the room along with a door that led to what you assumed was a bathroom as well as a wardrobe and dressing table on opposite sides.

"There's no way I'm sleeping with you..."

"Don't worry, I don't bite~" He teasingly winked at you.