Chapter 9.

A Twist in Time

The sun's afternoon rays parade your skin through the window, yet you were still asleep. Curled up comfortably under the fluffy blankets with a small smile drawn on your face, the events of last night with Black clouded your mind in the form of a dream. You were so happy and carefree.

You could see yourself blabbering to Black about pointless topics and he stared down at you with his face displaying a somewhat cheerful look. You continue to watch the pleasant moment from a third person's view as the fictional you giggled at something which was said. The music suddenly slowed until it finally came to a stop. Black seemed distort as he twirled you around yet you were too enchanted to notice the devious grin spread across his face. The bloodlust in his eyes was growing as he pulled you closer, whispering in your ear and with one swift movement his blade was cut into you. Deceit filled your pleading eyes and you gasped for one last bit of air. He chuckled darkly and allowed your body to fall to the ground as if it were nothing, your crimson blood dripped off his blade and he quickly licked it away like a hungry predator. He continued to laugh maniacally and it echoed in your mind like a siren. How could he...

Your smile vanished and your eyes shot open instinctly. You suddenly shrieked as you sat up against the headboard, panting and sweating heavily from being awoken in such a manner. You whipped the blankets away from you and checked you body, sighing when you realized it was all just a nightmare.

Your head snapped to the side of the bed, you expected to see a bewildered Black staring back at you but he wasn't there.

You assumed he was in the living room or perhaps on the terrace so you decide to make a quick trip to the bathroom where a cold shower and staring at your reflection while brushing your teeth made you think deeply about what was meant by yesterday's experience.

Why would Black just dance with you so suddenly? How did he know dancing would cheer you up the way it did?

Your mind was in a haze as you escaped the bathroom, calling out and searching for Black but it was soon clear he had left without even bothering to inform you of his whereabouts. Typical.

Once again you questioned what you knew about him, which wasn't much. You didn't even know his name, simply referring to him by the color of his clothes.

That son of a bitch probably planned everything, he played you. Making you twirl around like a clueless idiot all night so you would sleep through most of the day and he could destroy more cities and innocent lives or whatever was his objective.

You gritted your teeth as a wave of anger flashed through you and you plopped yourself on the couch, staring at the ceiling with a frown. Fuck him and fuck this twisted game of his. Every time this would happen yet you pretended as if it were surprising. Foolish.

You chewed down on your bottom lip, holding back the urge to scream your guts out in frustration.

Why can't you just stay mad at this motherfucker!?

You must have been waiting for hours because it was already starting to get dark, it was only when you were about to make you something to eat when you heard footsteps approach the outside door, you abruptly stood up when Black's face came to view. He looked just as taken aback to see you there as you.

"I brought food for us," He said with a half-hearted smile. "We deserve a treat once in a while, wouldn't you agree?"

He was drenched in sweat but surprisingly not any blood. You glared at him suspiciously as he sat the bags of food on the counter and turned to face you. Your expression already potrayed the question: "Where the heck were you?"