Chapter 8.

★【Slow Dancing】★

You sat silently and poked at your food, which was steak with a homemade sauce and some salad. It felt limitless, not that you were complaining but it just meant you had more time to sit in silence with him, which wasn't soothing. You had to be cautious with your actions.

Judging by the foods appearance it seemed to be delicious, not containing any poisonous substances but you were not entirely assured.

Black shot you a look of disapproval at your behavior so you slowly began to cut into a small piece of the steak, fearing that he might have another sudden outburst if you didn't.

"Is it really going to be this awkward the entire time?" You suddenly ask, locking eyes with him.

"Perhaps, be it what you want." He replied casually, not even looking back at you. Cocky bastard.

You were practically starving and so you took a huge bite of the meat. When was the last time you've eaten a decent meal? Definitely not in the past few days. You've been scraping around for any leftovers to keep you alive and he wasn't eager to feed you the moment you arrived here either.

You licked your lips, satisfied by the  taste and reached for the cup to your side, taking a long sip of the sweet tea.

"Hungry, aren't you?" Black smirked over at you, pointing to a bit of sauce on the side of your mouth.

Your eyes fell to the spot, quickly wiping it away with your hand and responded to him with a question of your own.

"Can I ask you something?" You blurt out timidly.

His head snapped up towards you. "That depends," He placed a fork full of food into his mouth and chewed before continuing. "What would you like to know?"

You swallowed hard and your gaze fell to your plate. "Why did you not kill me or let me die? I am a mortal, the beings you despise and you barely know me..."

"What kind of question is that?" He snarled at you and abruptly dropped his fork which caused you to shudder.

"I don't know... I'm just curious." You replied, voice low.

"You've discovered far too much already, I knew you would be trouble for me the moment I saw you motionlessly glaring at me from below, while the other mortals ran for their useless lives," Black leered, not taking his eyes away from you. "And with your brain and wits, you might actually be the death of me. However, killing you is not yet my intention but sometimes you drive me to the edge Y/N- " His grip tightened on his teacup and you feared it would shatter in his hand.

Now you had more questions you wanted answers to, so many more but you held your tongue. This might not be the right time for it.

Once again, you continued eating silently, making dancing movements with your fork on the plate, Black watching you but said nothing in the moment, just staring.

You narrowed your eyes at him and he just smiled at you suspiciously.

"Now, answer my little question Y/N." He suddenly asked, just as you had before.

"Okay?" You raise an eyebrow.

"What was the biggest mistake you've made?"

You didn't immediately answer, you simply stared at your scattered reflection casted across the surface of your tea with a frown.

"Falling in love and I never got repaid..." You admit honestly, refusing to make eye contact as you sipped your tea. The warmth of the tea spread throughout your body.

"Mm, I see. A spurned lover?"

"If that's what you want to call it than yes." You said as if it wasn't that big of a deal, but it did hurt being rejected or heartbroken by someone you once cared about.

Before he could continue to ask you more questions about your past, you changed the subject.

"Thank you." You sincerely say.

He send you a heady gaze. "What for?"

"For not killing me, obviously." You mumble, slightly irritated by how calm he was about everything.

He had graciously if that word fit spared you and saved you from suicide, the least you could do was thank him.

He didn't reply, he glared at you for a few moments and just drank the last bit of his tea and stood up, placing the dishes in the sink and returned to the table.

"Stay here and give me about five minutes." He instructed and left the dining room before you had time to question his intentions.

What was he up to?

You obeyed and sat there, listening closely to the shuffling in the other rooms while you finished clearing your plate. Then you strode to the kitchen and quickly washed the dishes until Black soon called out for you from his room. You jumped a bit, slowly making your way through the hallway to his room.

To your surprise, he hadn't been planning something sinister, he had simply brought out an old record player and let a record spin slowly, a soft tune filling the room.

"May I have this dance, m'lady?" He did an over-the-top and unnecessary bow, holding one of his hands out to you.

At first you were too mesmerized to react so you stood there, mouth ajar but than you finally spoke.

"Are you serious right now?" You asked, stupidly.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" He countered, humorlessly.

Honestly speaking, He had never properly danced with anyone before, he had seen people dancing at some point in his long life but he never attempted it.

This would be the perfect distraction for him before he continued with his plan.

Your fingers connected with his and he pulled you closer towards him. You wrapped your arms around his neck and he respectively winded his arms around your waist.

You shiver slightly, you didn't like this idea in the slightest but you knew it would be futile to resist him anyway.

"Did you think dancing would compensate for all my sorrow and heartbreaks?" You say with an unimpressed glance.

"Shh, Just relax my dear. Get lost in the rhythm." Black spoke in that sweet, seducing tone of his.

You calmed yourself a little and co-operated with his graceful movements. A small smile appears on your face. He knew exactly how to control you, twirl you around to his pleasure like a puppet master would.

He rested his face at your ear and spoke gently. "Feeling better now?"

You couldn't hold in a chuckle at that point. "Maybe..."

This truly was enchanting, the way you and him pranced across the bedroom floor. He Romeo and you his Juliet. Only his Juliet.

He pulled you closer as if to embrace you in a hug. His chest pressing against yours. It felt hard yet so soft so you shut your eyes, feeling relaxed against him. You never even considered the thought that you were slow dancing with the destroyer of your world.

You felt like you were losing yourself in his arms but it felt good. Soon you had become giddy and started to laugh about the smallest and strangest things. Black just watched you curiously and chuckled with you every so often, thinking how cute you were.

He placed his chin on the top of your head while slowly swinging you side to side until your eyes began to lazily shut.

Happiness.

(beep boob, next time is a going to be my first published chapter in a while! <3)