chapter 7✔

Continuation

Continuation...

From the time Arjun came to know that Raghunath was indirectly the reason behind his father's death, it took everything in him to calm himself and not to kill that pathetic excuse of a human with his bare hands.

He didn't want to take the law into his hands. So, Arjun gathered every piece of evidence against Raghunath with help of his friend Indratan.

Raghunath did every illegal thing to gain power and wealth. He had committed many frauds, embezzlements, and even attempted to murder someone.

Those allegations were enough for him to spend his life surrounded by lawsuits, having to go to courts frequently for hearings.

But for that to happen, Arjun had to snatch the so-called power from his hands.

So, Arjun bought the shares of Empire Corporations in batches and under the names of different people, for any suspicion to not arise.

It took him a lot of time and effort to gather the highest number of shares which were enough for him to hold a majority of power.

After getting the shares, he made his presence felt in the company. One fine day, he called for an urgent board meeting during which he announced himself to be the major shareholder. Seeing Arjun so many years later came as a huge shock to Raghunath.

Moreover, when he heard about Arjun being the major shareholder, realization dawned upon him.

Of late, there were a lot of movements, concerning the trading of shares, but he hadn't paid any attention to it as it was a common business quirk.

Raghunath was 35% of the shares of which 25% were bought from Arjun previously. Meanwhile, Arjun held 45% of shares after buying them afresh and the remaining 20% of the shares were held by other board members.

As a major shareholder, Arjun had the most power during decision making. Hence, he proposed to remove Raghunath from his position.

The majority of them agreed to it almost immediately as they had been tormented by Raghunath for a long.

They also wanted to get rid of him, and at the same time, it didn't matter as he was not a major shareholder anymore.

That was how Raghunath was stripped of his power and position.

Arjun announced that he wanted to bring the company to its previous glory and for that to happen they had to join hands with equally successful companies.

He proposed to merge the company with AS Corporations as they couldn't succeed much without any kind of help, given the situation they were in.

Everyone agreed after thinking about the pros and cons. Dhruv, who was the CEO of AS corporations and also one of the best friends of Arjun, was decided to be appointed as the CEO of the merged companies. Dhruv agreed to help Arjun with the management of his company.

Raghunath wanted to refute everything but couldn't find his voice. Arjun came to the meeting fully prepared and even if Raghunath had shown his disapproval, Arjun already had every answer to shut his mouth.

After the meeting was adjourned, some officers visited the company to take Raghunath to their custody on the grounds of fraud, embezzlement of cash, and attempted murder as they had complete proof against him.

It was proven that the immense loss that Raghunath had shown in the previous board meeting with Arjun where he bought shares from the young man, was also the vile man's doing and not Sarath's.

The case was quickly handed over to the Anti-Corruption bureau. As they found strong evidence against him, his punishment was quickly announced. He was imprisoned for 15 years with no parole and penalized with the number of one crore rupees.

He was instantly taken to prison. Every property that he owned was seized by the government.

As Raghunath was a divorcee, there was nobody dependent on him, so the confiscation did not affect anyone other than him.

Upon hearing the news of his arrest, Anusha's in-laws stopped communication. They were even planning to get their son divorced from Anusha as she was of no use anymore.

When Arjun heard about Anusha's divorce, he didn't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for her. It was the result of her and her father's doings, after all.

Anusha had always acted as a puppet in her father's hands and never once refuted her father, neither did she ever try to correct him. How would she? When she never questioned her father's wrongdoings in the first place.

It was as if she also wanted the same things either legally or illegally. Upon thinking about it, Arjun felt that even her innocent behavior in front of him, her love for him, everything was a facade. He wondered whether she even liked him in the first place.

We don't have answers to every question. Some will remain as a riddle forever and it usually takes the right person to solve those riddles.

Just like that, it took the right person to heal his broken heart. Arjun realized the feelings he had for Anusha were not strong enough.

Though it might not have been love, Anusha was the first person whom he let inside his heart, only to get betrayal in return.

That incident made him draw walls around his heart without even experiencing the feeling of how it felt to be in love and to be loved by someone.

The next chapter, it's going to be focused on the current scenario.

Thanks for reading.

Do vote and comment.