chapter 38✔

Arjun's POV:

Arjun's POV:

This girl really didn't know how to be shy but I still liked the idea of having a little girl who would resemble Daksha, calling me 'Dad' in her adorable baby voice.

God! The imagination itself was giving me a divine feeling.

When I was lost in my thoughts, I received a call from my assistant. So, I excused myself from her and went a little away from her to attend the call since the place where we were standing was very noisy.

After I finished my call, I came back to Daksha but she was so immersed in looking at the jewelry shop which sold custom-made rings, especially for couples.

Outside that shop, there was a couple who just came out of that shop, with a content smile on their faces and Daksha was looking at them with envy after gazing at her own ring finger.

Though I understood the situation, I decided to behave like I didn't notice anything. So with a smile, I went to her.

"Daksha, what are you looking at.?" I asked her.

"They are selling beautiful rings," she said while twisting her lips.

"Ohh okay. Let's go. It's getting late. Mom must be waiting for us." I urged her and in return, she glared at me and mumbled 'What an ignorant man!' under her breath but I still heard it.

I stifled my laugh at her and tried to hold her hand to which she avoided it and went ahead after stomping her feet like a child.

I shook my head with a smile and followed her. All the way to the house, she didn't talk with me. She didn't even spare me a glance at all and was looking out of the window.

After reaching home, she came out and took all the bags into her hands from the back seat.

She carried all the bags by herself with so much difficulty. It wasn't that the bags weighed too much but since there were too many, it became a difficult task for her to hold all of them by herself.

I just stood there, enjoying her tantrums. Seeing me behave like that, she glared at me and stormed inside while stumbling on her way.

Mom was present in the living room and was reading a book. After seeing her lovely daughter-in-law's struggle, she glared at me too.

"Someone always claims himself to be a gentleman," Mom scoffed at me. I rolled my eyes at her but didn't make any move.

"Stop standing there like a statue and lend a hand to her. Daksha, come here and sit beside me. He will take care of those bags." Mom ushered her and I made a face at them.

Seeing this, Daksha stuck out her tongue at me when Mom was not looking at her.

"Petty!" I mouthed at her and she rolled her eyes at me.