chapter 22✔

Daksha's POV:

Daksha's POV:

After hearing the news that my Mom dropped on me, it took me a while to recover from the shocking state.

I really didn’t know what was happening here. Most importantly, I didn’t know why my parents had taken the decision all of a sudden.

"Mom, how can you decide this for yourself without even asking me? Don't you guys think that I have the right to know about the important things happening in my life? I just can't do this, Mom. Please understand. I am not ready for this," I told them, trying to control myself from saying hurtful things.

"Do you think that I am asking for your opinion? No. I am just informing you. Whether you are willing or not, you are getting married. We didn't inform you beforehand because everything happened today itself. I know we are imposing our decision on you but trust me, I am doing this for your own good," she started in a stern voice but it softened towards the end.

"I can't see you still stuck in the past. I want the best for you. I can't see you punishing yourself for the crime that you didn’t commit. We never make any wrong decisions for you. Believe me, you won't regret it," she took a long breath and continued.

"We allowed you to do whatever you want, even when we knew what we would get to face in return. We lost our happiness. Our house lost its life. The single incident...just a single incident took away everything from us." She slumped on the sofa and covered her face with her hands.

"We can't even get to see our children and share their pain. I don't know why God is punishing us. This is the age where we should be enjoying our life but instead of that, we always have to worry for you and your brother," she said while crying.

"Please agree to it. Trust us and trust our decision. I want everything to get back to normal. It will happen only with your marriage. You can hate us all you want but agree to this. I have said what I want to say. It's totally up to you now." My Mom pleaded with me, her eyes full of tears.

I realized they did so much for me. They allowed me to do whatever I wanted. They are the best parents that anyone can ever get. I am really lucky to have them as my parents. What my Mom was saying was absolutely correct.

I was punishing myself for whatever happened in the past. I was staying away from them as I was feeling so guilty of snatching their happiness. I really didn’t know what to decide.

I was really not ready for the marriage thing but one thing that I was sure about, I could never hate them in this lifetime, and also, I couldn’t deny their wishes.

All the while, my Dad didn’t utter a single word but I knew that he was also with my Mom in that matter. I looked at him to know about his opinion. When I looked at him, he just nodded at me with a small smile, asking me to agree to the marriage.

After seeing his smile, I really felt assured and all my fears were dispersed immediately.

That's what I love in my dad, he never gives lengthy speeches but his gestures are enough to assure me that I got his back and would always be with me.