chapter 44✔

Hii guys,

I want to use this opportunity to announce that I published a short story today. I initially planned it as a one-shot but due to the word-count and some other reasons, I have to publish it as a short story. So I hope you guys will read it in your free time and will let me know your views on it.

Thanks for reading this🖤

Arjun's POV:

The next day, I left the house early in the morning. I called Aditya to meet me at a cafe. I didn't tell anyone about this meeting.

Once I reached the cafe, I asked for a private room and went inside to wait for Aditya.

He soon came there with some files in his hands. Though I didn't understand why he brought them, I chose to ignore it and greeted him with a brief hug.

"Looks like she told you everything about her past…our past," he said after taking his seat in front of me and I nodded at him slowly.

"I am sorry for your loss. It must be really hard for you." I told him and though I didn't know how he must have felt at that time, I could understand his pain.

I never in my dreams wanted to experience it. I felt like my soul left my body when I saw Daksha's frail body in my arms as she fainted in the cafe.

So, how can I cope up when I have to put myself in Adi's shoes? That thought itself made my body shudder in fear, a fear of losing her. So, I shook my head to stop those thoughts.

"Don't be. Yeah, it is hard but I am trying to cope up with the present and I can't feel at peace unless I put him behind the bars," he said while clenching his palms.

"I understand. I called you for that only. We can do it. I will ask for my friend's help too. I am sure we all can put him behind bars," I told him confidently and he nodded at me firmly.

"These are the evidence that I have collected against him in these two years by staying away from my family," he said, shocking me a little.

"What! You have been working on this for two years. I thought it's recently that you have started doing it when Daksha told me that she was receiving threat messages from that a**hole," I told him and he just shook his head.

"No. Daksha for the first time wished for something i.e., she wants to live a happy life with you and I want to fulfill her wish. So I let him know about my activities to show him that I haven't given up on this matter," he said calmly and my respect for him increased ten-fold.

I gave him an appreciative nod and opened one of the files to read the great deeds of Rahul. My eyes widened in surprise after reading the contents in that file.

"Can this information be trusted? Are you sure?" I asked him skeptically.

"Yeah, I even cross-checked it with some trustworthy sources," he confirmed.