chapter 42✔

Authors POV:

Authors POV:

Daksha started narrating her past while remembering all those happy moments with a teary smile on her face and Arjun just sat beside her silently.

"Before telling you about my past, you have to know about an important person in my life. Back then, my family was not like this. We were so happy and we didn't even know how it felt to be sad. At that time, I met her here, in this same orphanage, as it was her home. Her name was Tejaswi. My Teju.

"From that day onwards, she became my friend and later she became my elder sister. Eventually, I introduced her to my family. As she didn't have anyone to call as her own, she used to consider my parents as her own and even my parents started to treat her as their own daughter.

"As for my silly brother, he fell for her at first sight itself. When I got to know about his feelings, I convinced him to propose to her and he did the same but who was she! She was my teju. So, she didn't accept his proposal right away, " she said while laughing lightly but if one would look closely, they could see the pain in her eyes.

"I got fed up with her behavior and asked her the reason. She said that she wouldn't match my family's status and she never had any thoughts of getting married in her life. So, after a lot of persuasion from my parents and me, she finally gave in to our requests. Their wedding day was the happiest day of our lives.

"I thought, every day would be like that only but how wrong I was," she said while rubbing the tears formed at the corner of her eyes, and Arjun just side hugged to console her.

"Ever heard about the fashion brand 'Felicità'?" She asked and Arjun nodded at her slowly.

At that time, this fashion brand created a huge sensation in the fashion world. Many celebrities used to rush to book their appointments but nobody knew the real creator and mastermind behind that brand.

Everyone was surprised when that brand discontinued its operations and disappeared so suddenly.

"Teju was the creator of that brand. She was a fashion designer and wanted to make everyone happy with her designs. So, after her marriage, she started that brand on her own without the support of my family as she didn't want anyone to condemn her to be a gold digger that got married into my family for the money. It was one of the reasons why she didn't disclose her identity.

"As for me, I completed my MS in cardiology and started my career as a doctor under the guidance of my Dad's friend, Lakshman Uncle, who is a senior cardiologist. Even Yuktha too started working in the same hospital. Everything was going well and we were so happy but God must have felt that it was unfair. So, he decided to snatch our smiles," Daksha said while controlling herself to not break down and Arjun sat there helplessly not knowing what to do.

"One day, I finished my work soon and thought to visit Yuktha in her department. So, I went there and was greeted with the sight of a man arguing with Yuktha and the girl who accompanied him was crying inconsolably while looking at that guy fearfully.