chapter 34✔

Daksha's POV:

Daksha's POV:

I didn't know when but I drifted into sleep while leaning into his warm embrace. I woke up from my slumber after hearing the booming voice of someone.

I opened my eyes to see that Arjun was throwing glares at his sister as she gave him a cheeky smile.

I gave them a confused glance and gestured to Arjun with my eyes asking what happened there. He just shook his head, not revealing anything.

After that, he helped me in getting out of the car. I was immediately greeted by the beautiful sight of his house.

The mansion loomed proudly behind the huge iron gates with a modern touch, flanked by the trees which were swaying gently to the cool breeze.

In the middle, there stood the delicate marble fountain, gurgling the clear water, melodic as it resonated in the surrounding silence.

"Wow!!" was the only word that left my mouth as it was a truly enthralling sight.

"It is beautiful," I said to Arjun.

"Yeah. It is my dad's dream house," he told me with a somewhat forlorn look on his face.

Understanding his feelings, I patted his shoulder in an assuring manner to which he smiled at me, making my heart skip a beat.

Ammu immediately ushered us in. Sarada Aunty came to us and welcomed us inside, after doing the Aarti.

After that, she took me in front of a portrait and told me that he was my mamayya(father-in-law). She asked me to pay my respects and I did the same.

"Daksha, I think you might be hungry. Do you want to eat anything? " she asked me.

"No, Aunty. I am fine," I declined her offer politely.

"What Aunty? Call me 'Athayya' (MIL). I will be happier if you call me 'Amma' though," she told me and gave a teasing grin to Arjun.

"If she calls you 'Amma', then what does it take me to you? A son-in-law..?" he asked this with a scoff.

"Yeah. Son-in-law. You better start calling me 'Athayya' from now onwards," she told him teasingly.

"You are not a good mother. How conveniently you kicked your son aside immediately after getting your daughter-in-law?" He said this like a sulking child.

"I am just teasing you, Ajju," she laughed, "But Daksha, consider me as your mother instead of your mother-in-law," she told me and I passed her a grateful smile.

"Ammu, take your vadina(SIL) to your room as she won't be comfortable being alone in a new house," she instructed Ammu.

"What?" Arjun exclaimed, immediately after hearing his mother, making every one of us look at him. He realized his slip of the tongue and gave us an awkward smile.