Chapter 11

Ava's POV

Manhattan, the most populated city in New York. I had never been out of Long Island. And today, I am in one of the world's most popular cities. I was in awe of the sights I could see as we drove into the city. The majestic sky scrapers, the busy streets, the beautiful people and their amazing fashion sense, all of it was just so exciting. For the first time in 13 years, I felt genuine happiness. For the first time, I had a real smile on my face.

"We're here, Ma'am." Wilson informed glancing at me sideways.
The car had stopped in front of, what it looked like, a corporate area. I stepped out and gasped at the view in front of me.
It was one of the tallest towers, with the glass reflecting the lovely blue sky. So gigantic and modernized.
'Kings Corporation', the heavy and classy company name was not something anyone could miss out before entering the lobby of the building.
I took a deep breathe of fresh air, straightened my posture to look confident and headed towards the lobby.

The lobby looked as gorgeous in the inside as it looked from the outside. The security was attentive. People were checking in, some had IDs around their necks. Everybody was dressed formally. There was a huge sofa for people who were waiting, for their appointments maybe. I checked my watch.
11.45 am. I am right on time.
There was reception right in the middle of the lobby. The receptionist was a beautiful tall, lady. She wore white blouse and black pencil skirt, her blonde hair were tied up in a bun.

"Excuse me, I have an appointment with Mr. King at 12 this afternoon." I said hoping for directions to his office.

"May I ask the name under which you made the appointment?" She asked me politely and started typing in her computer.

"I'm Ava, I was sent by Mr. Christopher Hunt. It must be probably under his name."
She stopped suddenly, her eyes left the screen and stared at my face with raised eyebrows.

Ugh, the Hunt Effect.

I raised one of my brows in return and she quickly started typing again.

"Y-Yes, an appointment at 12.00 this noon. Just a moment ma'am." She called someone through the intercom and five minutes later, another beautiful women approached me. She looked like she was in her twenties. Her light brown hairs were tied in a pony. She was wearing a black shirt under a formal grey suit.

"Hello, I am Serena, Mr. King's PA. I will take you to his office." She said to me with a smile.

Serena lead me to the elevator, pressed her ID to a machine and the doors of the elevator opened. It was quiet and awkward in that small space. When we reached the 58th floor, she asked me to follow her.
One door led to another until we finally reached Mr. King's office.

"Mr. King is in a meeting. He will join you here in five minutes. Please take a seat." With that, she left.

I glanced at my watch. 11.55 am. I took that as a chance to observe the place. The office was huge and elegant, with marble flooring and classy furniture. This place screamed richness. But the most beautiful part was the view. I found myself approaching the beautiful view of the city. The glass was the only thing between me and the whole city of Manhattan below.
Someone cleared his throat, which got me so startled that I jumped and turned around.
My eyes widened as I got a good look at his face and recognized immediately.

Mr. Silver-eyes! What was he doing here?

"The city looks beautiful from up here, doesn't it?" He looked at me with amused expression. I stared at him.

You look more beautiful. I kicked myself internally. Stop it, Ava!

When I didn't respond, he walked towards me slowly and extended his right hand. My heart was racing.
"I am Ryan King. And it's pleasure to meet you again Miss... ?" He looked at me with questioning eyes.

Oh. My. God. Mr. Silver-eyes is actually the owner of this heaven?! Also, he said 'again', that means he remembers me!

"A-Ava, I'm Ava DeLuca. I am really sorry, I didn't hear you come in."

"Ava" He said my name in his angelic voice. Like he was testing how it would feel to say it. Our eyes were locked into each others. And I felt like my heart had just stopped for a moment.
Then, he broke the our eye contact and turned around.

"It's alright, Ava, no need to apologize." He said sitting in his chair behind the desk.
"Sit" He sounded a bit commanding as he gestured me to sit in one of the chairs in front of him.
He sat there with the fingers of his hand interlocked and elbows resting on the desk. I moved to sit in the chair quiet nervous and intimidated by his heated gaze that was following my every single movement.

"So, Ava, what brings you here?"

And, here we go.