Chapter 55

Ava's POV

"Who killed whom, Ava?" Ryan voice made me jump. 

I turned around to see him leaning against the door, with a curious expression.
My mind went blank. 

"Uhhmm..." I looked away, fidgeting, "I was watching Netflix and in that one of the characters kills someone so.." 

Ryan walked upto and turned me around to face him.
"Which series is that?" 

"H-How to get away with m-murder.." 

He chuckled.
"And why is your nose red? Have you been crying?" He asked tapping on the tip of my nose lightly with his index finger. 

"Oh.. Um.. My favorite character just died so.. Yeah. A little." I looked away with embarrassment.

He cupped my face between his hands and kissed my forehead.
"You're an angel. A silly one." 

I immediately wrapped my hands around him and hugged him tightly. Resting my head on his chest, I released a sigh. His arms came around me instantly, making me feel safe. 

I have no idea how long this is gonna last.
I don't know if I'll ever meet you again, Ryan.
Arthur might even kill me. But I have to try. I can't let Seth die because of me.
I love you, Ryan. 

"I came here to take you downstairs for lunch. So shall we? Others are waiting." He said. I just nodded.

The lunch was normal, I was the only one who was silent the entire time. I couldn't eat much after watching that horrifying video. I saw everyone, laughing and talking with each other. 

Life is so unpredictable.
I thought it was finally over.
But now, this lunch with my family could be my last.
No matter how selfish I want be right now and stay here, not give a flying fuck about Seth, it's just not me.
The guilt, if Arthur hurts him would eat me alive from inside for the rest of my life. 

"Why aren't you eating, Ava?" 

"She seems lost in her own world." 

"You've barely touched the food." 

"Are you feeling sick?" 

"Call the doctor, Matt. Or else Enzo will skin us." 

All of them started asking altogether. 

"Guys.." They continued arguing among themselves. 

"GUYS!" I yelled, that grabbed everyone's attention. 

"I am not sick. I'm just not that hungry." I tried to convince them. 

"Are you on diet?" Nik asked with surprise. 

"You are already perfect. You don't need diet." Nessa piped in. 

"I'm not diet either. I'm fine." I got up, and the plate in the kitchen.

These people won't let me go out.
I'll have to trick them.

On returning to my room, I first searched for my diary. I brought it here along with my other stuff. Opened it and sat by the window. Last entry was from 2 days ago. 

I have to write everything that happened here since then. About Arthur and everything. 

So I started writing everything starting with the audio recording, date with Ryan, my realization about my feelings for him, till this video.
I had to leave, but my brothers would be devastated if I go missing.
Even though it's my personal diary, there was nothing left to hid from my family anymore.
I had to tell Ryan that I'm in love with him.