Chapter 56

Ava's POV

I looked at Seth with disbelief. Their looks did not match with each other, but that smile.. Both Arthur and Seth had a similar sadistic smile plastered on their faces. Almost making them look like the brothers they claimed to be. 

"Seth, tell me this is not t-true. You aren't anything like him." I pleaded. 

He chuckled and started walking towards me, swinging his feet dramatically. I started to back away.
"Ava. Ava. My innocent little angel. It is true." He came and traced his fingers on the side of my face ever-so-lightly, it made me shiver. I lifted my hand up to push his away from my face, but he quickly grabbed it with his other one. 

"Don't touch me!" I seethed at him. 

Arthur came and grabbed my left shoulder while Seth held my right hand. I tried to struggle out of their tight holds but failed miserably, only leading to painful bruises.
I was absolutely powerless against the two of them. They dragged me out of that room and tied me to another chair, in the adjacent room. I was sweating as I kept trying to wriggle out of the ropes. I started screaming and kicking out of frustration. To keep me shut, they taped my mouth just like in the video.
I was breathing heavily as I glared at the both of them for looking at me with satisfaction. 

"You look much better this way." Seth laughed.

I stopped struggling, out of tiredness. 

"You must have a lot of questions. What do you say brother should we quench her thirst a little?" Seth asked Arthur. 

"She's always been a nosy little thing. A curious cat." Arthur agreed with him. 

Okay. They were right about that part.
And today my curiosity is certainly gonna get me killed. 

"Father, was never in love with my mother. And ever since you came, I got to know why. He killed her soon after my birth. I hated that bitch anyway. And of course the man had his needs." Arthur chuckled looking at his brother. 

"I didn't know the truth about me being Christopher Hunt's biological son, until we stumbled up on Arthur's underground sex club." He sat on the floor by my feet. 

Wow. So he has a cult of sadistic men. 

"There was an instant connection. But when he brought me home one night to meet father, we all were in for a surprise. Father recognized me. He wasn't ready to accept me but still took me in." Seth was scrapping the foot of the chair, I was tied to with a knife as he narrated the story.
I narrowed my eyes at the both of them. 

"You're wondering why you never met him before. Because father only accepted him into the mafia family, not our home. He kept working for father from the outside. We used to hang out all the time. Guess who threw me a bachelor's party." I looked away on the reminder of that day. 

Seth suddenly got up and pulled my head back by my hair. My screams were muffled by the tape. Tears escaped my eyes as pain shot through my scalp. 

"And YOU! You killed our father!" He yelled at me.

"We had the entire world under our feet, before you and your pathetic gang ruined everything!"

Since the rope was only tied around my body and on my hands at the back of the chair, my legs were free to move. 
I lifted my right leg up and kicked his him with all the strength I could muster up.
Seth stumbled backwards, but before I could recover from the pain he left, Arthur came upto me and slapped me so hard, I felt my lip bleed. 

"You bitch!"
He grabbed my face harshly with his left hand and said, "Donot piss me off." 

I continued to glare at him without blinking once, taunting him.
He took tape off my mouth. And as soon he did that, I spat right on his face.
On seeing that, Seth came upto once again and started slapped me hard again.