Chapter 28

Lorenzo's POV

"Time to make a move, Lorenzo." Ryan said. 

"Ava-" I was about to ask but he interrupted me. 

"She's safe. Vanessa and Veronica are with her right now." 

I was relieved. "Alright."

Sorellina, we're here principessa.

We had taken out all the men at the back entrance of the mansion.
"Matteo show me the way to the inside of the mansion." 

"The best way is from the secret passage which leads to the basement."
He had the blue prints of the estate with him. Dante stayed back with him along with few of our men, just in case. 

I gestured Romeo, Stefen and Marco to follow me.
"There must be a door leading downwards somewhere to your right." 

We all moved to the right and started searching for the hidden door. 

"Here it is." Stefen said. Romeo and I helped him move the green creepers and dried branches away from the door.
Marco removed his blade and started chopping off the plants. Once the door was clearly visible Romeo threw himself at it and broke it open.
Thanks to all the crowd and the noises, nobody heard a door breaking.

It was all dark inside. I opened the flashlight of my phone and so did the others. We went down the stairs carefully. It led us to some kind of a basement hall which was barely lit. It looked more like creepy dungeon. The hall led to several other doors. We quickly searched through them. Some of the room looked like prisons and some were torture chambers.

"Whoa! Jackpot." Romeo said in amazement.
He had found the place which had stacks of Cocaine, Heroin and Crystal Meth worth millions of dollars.
The other end of the hall had ammunitions enough to take down dozen of gangs. 

Hunt can't be stupid enough to keep this place unprotected.

"There are going to be a lot of men on the way towards upstairs. Be careful. And be ready." I warned them.
They nodded and picked few weapons. 

"Matteo?" 

No response. 

"Matt? Dante?" 

Again no response. 

"We are in the basement, they may not be able to reach us " Stefen said and I nodded. 

"I think this is the way towards the stairs." Marco pointed at the door towards his left. 

"Let's go."

The door opened into another corridor. I heard some footsteps. All of us were alert. As we moved a few steps ahead, I saw two men with assault rifles standing on the either sides at the end of the corridor with their back towards us.
I moved quickly behind one of them and slit his throat before he could even turn around. I saw Marco had did the same thing to the other guy. The two bodies fell on the floor with a thud.
The corridor had ended into a long passage which extended from both the sides. Myself and Stefen moved left while Marco and Romeo took right. Men started coming our way with weapons.
We tackled them one by one with our fists and blades, since shooting would have created a lot of commotion.

After slitting almost dozens of throats and knocking a few unconscious, we the reached the end of the passage which led to upstairs.
"Romeo? Marco?" I spoke through my microphone. 

"All good. We found the way leading upwards."

"Bene." (Good.) 

Once we were into the mansion, I heard Dante.
"Enzo, right now there are only servants around in the mansion. All the security is busy outside. Now is the time." 

I looked upwards and found a camera on the right. I nodded at it knowing Matteo could see me.

"Ryan, we are in." 

"We need to lure him inside as well. Do one thing. There is this maid named Martha. She must be in the mansion, get her to call Hunt inside." Ryan replied. 

"Got it." 

Stefen and I quickly wiped our bloody hands with the handkerchief and since we were dressed like guests, nobody really noticed us. I stopped a maid heading towards the kitchen and asked.
"Where can I find Ms. Martha?" 

She looked a little scared.
"M-Martha. Sh-She is over there."
I looked where she was pointing while she ran away instantly. 

The old lady looked almost the age of Mrs. Bianchi. She was talking to other maid when we approached her.
"Excuse me." 

She turned around and raised her eyebrows at us.
"Yes, how may I help you gentlemen?" 

"Can you show us the way to Arthur's room? We are his friends." Stefen asked her casually. 

She smiled and started leading us to the place. As soon as we were out of sight from others, I grabbed her hand and slipped into one of the rooms.
I put my hand on her mouth to keep her from screaming. She was struggling but then Stefen took his gun and pointed at her head. That made her still instantly. She looked terrified. 

"I'm gonna remove my hand and you're gonna keep your mouth shut. If you scream, he will shoot your brains out. Understand?" I warned her and she nodded. I removed my hand slowly. She was too scared to scream.

"Good. Now listen carefully. You will go out directly to Hunt. Without making a scene, tell him that you can't find Ava. Make him come with you inside. If you utter anything other than this, I have my men outside as well. It will be a bloodbath." She gulped and nodded. 

"Off you go. Stefen, take her there."

Stefen just led her towards the door leading to the lawn and he stayed back. I moved towards the window which gave the same view. I saw her hurrying towards Hunt. He glanced at her when she approached him nervously and excused himself from the gets.
I saw Ryan and Arlo across the lawn watching Martha and Hunt as well.
Hunt looked furious and tensed as soon as Martha whispered our message to him. He quickly followed Martha towards the mansion.
Romeo along with our men had completely taken over the place by then. All the servants were held hostage at the corner of the living hall.

As soon as Martha entered the place along with Hunt our men locked the doors behind them.
Hunt stood still with shock at seeing my men everywhere.
He glanced back Martha who stood trembling in fear with her head low.

"What's the meaning of this? Security! Security!" He shouted.

I slowly entered his sight lighting my cigarette. Romeo, Marco and Stefen stood behind me. He looked at us with confusion. 

"Who are you people? And how did you get in?" 

I chuckled, shook my head and puffed my cigarette.
"Don't you remember us, Hunt?" 

He was still unaware. 

"Maybe you might remember killing our mother and kidnapping our sister." Romeo seethed at him. 

He went still suddenly.
"DeLuca." He hissed in acknowledgement.

"Payback time, Hunt."