Chapter 26

Ava's POV

I had never felt so restless until today. I paced around in the room, glancing at the clock every now and then. Hunt had agreed to invite Vanessa and Veronica, but was he really going to?

What if he didn't? What if he forgot?

They are your last shot to freedom Ava. If they don't come here on time, you're doomed. FOREVER! 

I heard a soft knock at my door.
"Come in." 

It was Martha, along with other maids.
"I know this is not how you dreamed of your marriage Ava. But it's a once in a lifetime moment. Accept your fate sweetie." Martha again tried to reason. I sighed. 

"Martha, please, just stop trying to justify whatever they do. You know this is not right. I know you are worried for me but.." 

"You have to keep faith Ava. Love changes people. If Arthur falls in love with you, he'll keep you happy." 

I laughed so hard, until I couldn't breathe.
"Arthur and Love? Are you kidding me? Martha, you've known that man since he was in diapers. Has he ever loved anyone other than himself? And even  if by some miracle, he does fall for me, I am not stupid enough to love him back. He and his father has murdered my mother and kidnapped me from another country, on another continent, for god's sake. So please, just remove such stupid thoughts from your mind, Martha." 

She sighed in defeat.
"No matter what you say, this wedding is happening." 

No, it's not. But for now, I will let you have it your way.

"Let's get you ready, sweetie."

After 2 hours of torture, Martha let me see myself. I stood in front the mirror and was raised my eyebrows in surprise. 

That...is definitely not you, Avy. That's some freaking model straight out of Martha Stewart's magazines.

It was a beautiful lace mermaid wedding gown with a sweetheart neckline which showed a little cleavage, off shoulder cap sleeve and a cathedral train.
The hair were naturally flowing down to my back. The make over was simple and classy.
All the bruises were hidden brilliantly.

"Now you look like a beautiful bride." Martha said with a smile and returned her a fake one through the mirror. 

Just then, Mr. Hunt entered the room and cleared his throat. All the maids including Martha left us alone only after bowing before him, which he clearly ignored since he was busy staring at me.
He walked towards me and stopped few feet away. I stood still as a statue gripping the dress with both my hands.
"You look just like Rose. Exactly the way I imagined she would, on Our wedding." I looked away from his disgusting face.
"Since your father isn't here. I will walk you down the aisle." 

No! Never, you old bastard! You can never take my Papa's place in my life. Just like you couldn't replace him in my mother's life either. I scoffed internally. 

"Where are my bridesmaids? They were supposed to be here by now?" I asked him impatiently.

He raised an eyebrow in suspicion.
"I wanna know all about your friendship with the Kings, but now is not the time. And after marriage, you are all... Ours." He gave a sinister smile. 

Oh god! He's so disgusting.

"I will send them as soon as they arrive. I need to attend the guests now. Do not make mistakes today. You will regret it." He warned me and left.
I let out a sigh of relief as soon as he was out of the room. 

Nessa, Nik! Hurry please. I'm running out of time.

After 20 minutes of waiting, which felt like an eternity, I started feeling extremely nervous. My throat felt dry, so I walked towards the side table which had a glass of water Martha left for me. I was drinking the water with my back towards the door when I heard it burst open and I almost choked on the water out of fright. 

"Oh. My. God." I heard two familiar voice scream. 

I turned around immediately to see my gorgeous saviors right in front of my eyes.
Vanessa had curled her long brunette hair and had an elegant make over. She was wearing a long baby pink satin gown with a slit on her left leg.
While Veronica had straightened her blonde hair and was looking absolutely gorgeous in the long sky blue satin gown which had a slit on her right leg. 

They immediately approached and squeezed me into a tight hug.
I felt so touched that it brought tears in my eyes.
"Let me breath guys!" I chuckled. 

They pulled apart instantly.
"You are looking so beautiful Ava!" Nik exclaimed. 

"Absolutely stunning!" Nessa nodded. 

"Not more than you both. The temperature here is rising with all the hotness." They laughed at that. 

Once our laughs had died, we all went silent. I took their hands in mine.
"Thank you so much for coming. I have no words-" Nessa interrupted me.

"You don't need to thank us Ava."
I sighed.

"No I do. But before that I need a favor from you guys. I know this sounds weird. We've met only once before and I'm already asking a favor. But please, hear me out." 

They both exchanged a look with each other which I could not decipher. 

I took a deep breath and said, "I don't wanna marry Arthur. I am forced into marrying him. Please save me. Help me get out of here. Please." I broke into tears.
"I don't love that man. I don't even like him. In fact I hate him and his family. They are cruel!"

They gave me a worried look. 

"He almost killed me the day before yesterday. Please, please get me out of here." 

"What the hell?!" Nik burst in anger. 

"They tried to kill you?!" Nessa asked looking equally furious. 

I just nodded and sniffled. 

"Come here." They said and made me sit down on the bed. 

They shared a nervous look with each other.
"Now listen to us carefully Ava." Nessa whispered. "We know everything." 

I was confused. 

"By everything, we literally mean Everything. Your past with Hunt and all that." Nik said. 

"We are not here to be your bridesmaids. We were going to come here even if you hadn't invited us." 

"You inviting us just made it easier to reach you. We are here for you." 

I was speechless. I just couldn't fathom what they were saying. I closed my eyes and prayed. 

Please let this not be a dream. Don't play such a cruel joke on me.

I felt someone pinch me.
"Ow!" It was Nik. 

"It's not a dreams. This not a joke." 

Oh! I said that aloud.

"Yes, you did." They chuckled at my silliness. 

They both suddenly went still for few seconds.
Vanessa nodded at Veronica.
Nik pressed her fingers on the ear ornament they were wearing and said, "Got it, brother. Here goes the groom."
I looked at them with confusion.
"What was that? Who were you talking to?"

"Ryan." 

"We all are here to rescue you Ava."