Acception

Zane's POV

"Wait, so the fire nation just attacked the water benders because they didn't like them?" Zane exclaimed.

Him and his girlfriend, Nana, were sitting on his couch watching "Avatar: The Last Airbender." He wasn't exactly sure about it at the beginning, but after binge watching it with Nana for eight hours, he was starting to really like it. Nana looked up at Zane with a giant smile. "Do you finally like it?" She asked hopefully.

Zane was about to protest, but he couldn't lie to Nana. He sighed. "Yes, I like the show," he muttered. 

Nana squealed and hugged him. "Yay! Kawaii~Chan did it! She made Zane~Kun like one of her shows!!"

Zane felt his face turn red when Nana hugged him. "You know you don't have to act like that when you're around me," Zane said. "You can be yourself."

"Right," Nana said. "Sorry, I'm just so used to being Kawaii~Chan around you sometimes I forget."

Zane smiled. "It's okay four. Uh, I mean Nana."

When Zane became a relic, he got the least extreme aftermath (in his opinion): he didn't remember how to say anyone's names. Over the past two months, he'd gotten a lot better at calling people by their actual names and not by how many letters were in their name. But even then, sometimes he slipped up and forgot their real names again. It was honestly a little annoying for Zane. Other times, he just physically couldn't say someone's name, like there was a barrier on his tongue. That REALLY made him mad. 

Nana looked like she was about to say something when the doorbell rang. Zane and Nana exchanged confused looks as Zane headed to the door. Who would be coming to my house this late? It's... Zane looked at his watch. 10 pm! 

The person at the door kept ringing the doorbell over and over again. "DING DO-DING DO-DING-DING-DING-

"OKAY I'M COMING OH MY IRENE," Zane yelled. "WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT??"

Zane swung open the to see Aphmau standing there. Her long black hair was in her face, like she had ran to Zane's house. Her eyes burned with hatred so intense it made Zane want to plead for mercy.

"Aphmau~Senpai, are you okay?" Nana asked from behind him. She still hadn't told anyone else about her real name or her background. Zane felt like she should tell their friends because he knows she can trust them, but he didn't want to push her to do it. Nana was scary when she was mad.

Aphmau blew a piece of hair out of her face. "Lucinda, Melissa, and Garroth lied about door shopping," she yelled. "I went to Lucinda's house to see if I could help with setting up doors, and I walked in because the door was open, and she had a bedroom door!"

"Garroth lied about door shopping?" Zane asked. "Wow, that's a new one."

"I'm serious! They told me they were going to shop for doors today but they aren't back yet! Something fishy is going on. It doesn't take this long to shop for doors," Aphmau said. 

"Okay, calm down," Zane said. "Come inside and we'll see what we can learn." 

Once they were all settled down on the couch and Aphmau was a little more calmed down, Zane processed what she had told him. "So they lied to you about where they were going? Or do you think something happened to them while they were shopping for doors?"

Aphmau shook her head. "I don't know. We should call them and see what they're up to and if they're safe." 

"But who wouldn't be able to resist telling the truth?" Nana asked. 

Nobody even had to think. "Garroth," they all said in unison. 

Zane was about to hit 'call' on his phone when Aphmau touched his arm. "One more thing," she said. "Don't tell him I'm here. Those three obviously didn't want me to know, so he might not tell you the truth if you tell him I'm listening."